First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone seen any new deliveries (including employees) lately? Feel like I saw a decent flow of new deliveries in October, but it seems like november has rough fewer trucks on trucks and people taking delivery.
Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I have seen one or two new posts on Instagram, but yeah not the influx we saw pre-ipo.

BTW, Sleepless in Seattle thinking about this ? :D

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

When I I was at first mile in Sonoma I mentioned to employees that there were only 25 deliveries in the Bay Area (which I heard the previous Sunday at the event). They replied their were more. I said that I was given the number the previous week and they stayed there were more deliveries in Bay Area last week.
This discussion happened when I mentioned I saw a new R1at and it’s employee owner that morning while walking my dog. Not sure how recent the delivery was.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I am wondering if all those trucks sitting in the parking lot at Rivian are waiting for parts like GM/Tesla etc.
Or, have they resourced and refabricated, reengineered the power tonneau cover. I heard they had to use a different material due to expansion and contraction causing problems with the current cover. This would definitely hold up any LE delivery orders I would think.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
..... but it seems like november has rough fewer trucks on trucks and people taking delivery.
I realize there are many that will take their Rivian under any circumstance and give thought to the details later. However, I want to know how much this purchase is going to cost me in the future, once I take possession. What will remain with the Trial Membership and what will be removed once the trial is over.

As far as I know, we have a general idea about Memberships, etc., but no actual details, pricing, or other available plans, if there are any. Besides Membership, there are many other unanswered questions. I would think these details should be available before deliveries. Maybe employees that have a Rivian know this information, or will always get theirs free as long as they work there. If they do know, they're certainly not sharing. I probably wouldn't care much either if I got a $24,000 discount.?

I'm wanting to see a non-employee finalize his/her order.....at the current price stated on Rivian's website and know all the details. Then, please share with us because it seems Rivian is reluctant to do so, if they are actually making deliveries. I have a hard time believing they are.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Or, have they resourced and refabricated, reengineered the power tonneau cover. I heard they had to use a different material due to expansion and contraction causing problems with the current cover. This would definitely hold up any LE delivery orders I would think.
I think this is part of it. We had almost an hour yesterday with a new (400mi) production LE that they brought to our house. Within the first 5 minutes I ask "is this how to operate the tonneau" and the demo person said "that's been locked out". Drop the tailgate and I'm staring at rusting bolts and he said "yes - we've seen that - it looks like water is collecting". And then there was the funkiness of you can't latch the spare tire cover in one motion - you have to latch both corners. And then the hood button didn't release until he did a multi-step lock/unlock with the fob. And the courtesy light in the rear that stayed on...turned it off and it's back on...and the rear control panel that went unresponsive with the seat heater on high and he said "I'm going to have to reboot the car" (we know what that means).

We still love the vehicle but...boy I want them to work this stuff out before delivering mine. :)

PS: The demo person reported that - yes - there had been actual deliveries to non-employees in the PNW (he's based in Oregon). He seemed to have a pretty good idea of which trucks were where...whether they were pre-production or production...and who had taken delivery.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I just can't suppress the evil thought that unresolved R1T tonneau cover issues holding up the production can be good for R1S if there are battery supply issues. Your love for your siblings is tested when there is only one cookie left on the table. I love R1T but I want that cookie dammit.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I think this is part of it. We had almost an hour yesterday with a new (400mi) production LE that they brought to our house. Within the first 5 minutes I ask "is this how to operate the tonneau" and the demo person said "that's been locked out". Drop the tailgate and I'm staring at rusting bolts and he said "yes - we've seen that - it looks like water is collecting". And then there was the funkiness of you can't latch the spare tire cover in one motion - you have to latch both corners. And then the hood button didn't release until he did a multi-step lock/unlock with the fob. And the courtesy light in the rear that stayed on...turned it off and it's back on...and the rear control panel that went unresponsive with the seat heater on high and he said "I'm going to have to reboot the car" (we know what that means).

We still love the vehicle but...boy I want them to work this stuff out before delivering mine. :)

PS: The demo person reported that - yes - there had been actual deliveries to non-employees in the PNW (he's based in Oregon). He seemed to have a pretty good idea of which trucks were where...whether they were pre-production or production...and who had taken delivery.
That sounds like a lot of small details that still need to be worked out. On a side - maybe someone misspoke - but is there a 400 mi LE? If so - did you get any range estimates from the test drive?

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Real issues even if easily fixable. Details…..and patience testers.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
That sounds like a lot of small details that still need to be worked out. On a side - maybe someone misspoke - but is there a 400 mi LE? If so - did you get any range estimates from the test drive?
I'm pretty sure he meant it only had 400 miles on the odometer.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He showed me the ODO - 411 (?) miles? Range estimate...now that was interesting. He started in Conserve, was fully charged (presumably at Bellevue about 5 miles from me), and it showed something like 290 miles. We drove around locally a bit...jumped on the freeway (I floored it) for a few miles, got back on...floored it again...and...somewhere in there I'm seeing 260ish. Drove around for another 20 minutes (?) and we're down to 230ish. We got back to our steep - leafmulch strewn - street/driveway and he put it in...forget the name...performance?...got to our house, switched off (odd motion of pushing in stalk) and it showed 211 miles.

My first EV trip...we never got more than 10 miles from our house...and I already had range anxiety. :)

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Real issues even if easily fixable. Details…..and patience testers.
Agree completely. Some might even be OTA software updates.

We had another issue - the car was apparently set to normal height, my wife and I both remarked (after) how awkward it was to get into / out of compared to our GX470. That has a running board, well positioned handholds, and wider doors. The rear entrance was particularly noticeable in comparison. The CS rep mentioned that he could have lowered the car...my (5'3") wife thought that would have helped...but we did not try playing with the height. I think we're going to need that "kneel mode" for her - the 6yo and 9yo grandsons can certainly scramble now but would have been challenged when younger.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
He showed me the ODO - 411 (?) miles? Range estimate...now that was interesting. He started in Conserve, was fully charged (presumably at Bellevue about 5 miles from me), and it showed something like 290 miles. We drove around locally a bit...jumped on the freeway (I floored it) for a few miles, got back on...floored it again...and...somewhere in there I'm seeing 260ish. Drove around for another 20 minutes (?) and we're down to 230ish. We got back to our steep - leafmulch strewn - street/driveway and he put it in...forget the name...performance?...got to our house, switched off (odd motion of pushing in stalk) and it showed 211 miles.

My first EV trip...we never got more than 10 miles from our house...and I already had range anxiety. :)
No need to worry. Range anxiety is a direct byproduct of uncertainty. It goes away after a week or so, regardless of your range capabilities, because it's not about what range you have, it's about the confidence in knowing what it is. A 500 mi possible range EV with inconsistency and poor range projection will give you more anxiety than a 200mi range EV with high consistency.