Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

Everyone. My preorder date is April 2019. Tonight I received an email telling me that my preorder was cancelled on February 11/21 - today is Feb 10. The email also said I had preordered on Feb 9/21.

I thought it had to be a foreign hack or something. Yet when I went to my account sure enough - my configuration, done at the opening, is gone. I'm in Canada and think this may have something to do with it.

Anyone else have this going on??
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Nope. Sorry mate! Call them in the morning. That's the only advice.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Quite odd. Definitely reach out to Rivian and let us know what happens.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
FAQs still reference start of Canadian deliveries so hopefully just a glitch.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

As noted above, a call in the morning should take care of it. Previously, one or two others had their configuration either drop or change unexpectedly from the Launch Edition, and a quick call to the engagement center had it resolved that day. Rivian doesn't want to lose you as a customer. That's not the kind of adventure anyone's looking for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarcyL

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

As noted above, a call in the morning should take care of it. Previously, one or two others had their configuration either drop or change unexpectedly from the Launch Edition, and a quick call to the engagement center had it resolved that day. Rivian doesn't want to lose you as a customer. That's not the kind of adventure anyone's looking for.
Thanks for that. They replied to my email. As I thought, they are converting some Canadian reservations. Would have been nice to receive an email in advance. All good.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Thanks for that. They replied to my email. As I thought, they are converting some Canadian reservations. Would have been nice to receive an email in advance. All good.
DarcyL, That's great news! Now, if they could just convert the calendar to metric. We can throw out March and April and we're 61 days closer to Launch! Another benefit, April 15th is now moved to next year.?

Greatgazou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Mazda2, F250 Diesel, Corvette C8
Occupation
Almost retired !
I'm also in Canada. Rivian had an issue identifying Canadian customers to the right country. You should have received an email prior to the cancellation, I did. Basically, they reimbursed the deposit, cancelled the preorder and re-established it the next day in Can $. At that point you were able to reconfigure and you're all set. As far as the deposit, its been reimbursed as an apology for on their part and your pre-order is still valid.

OP
OP
DarcyL

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

I'm also in Canada. Rivian had an issue identifying Canadian customers to the right country. You should have received an email prior to the cancellation, I did. Basically, they reimbursed the deposit, cancelled the preorder and re-established it the next day in Can $. At that point you were able to reconfigure and you're all set. As far as the deposit, its been reimbursed as an apology for on their part and your pre-order is still valid.
Thank you for your reply. It all turned out as you said except I did not get an email warning of what was to come.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

They sent out an email in January to anyone that had a canadian address. They stated in the email that the preorder would be cancelled and deposit refunded while making the alteration. you don't lose your place in line or anything so disregard the "Preorder date" once you reconfigure.

Email below

Hi Adam,

We’ve had a handful of community members reach out because their Rivian preorders were assigned to the wrong country (oops!).

To make that right, we’ll be doing some behind the scenes work to get you assigned to your preferred country of delivery.

What happens next?
To start, you’ll see your preorder deposit refunded!

Do not be alarmed- this is not an error and we will honor your original preorder date for delivery prioritization. As a thank you for your patience while we sorted out the technical details, we will not ask you to place another deposit.

Once the correct country has been assigned to your preorder, you’ll receive a confirmation email from our Customer Service team as well as new preorder confirmation. Feel free to access your account to see this update. Please note, original order dates will be reflected later on but know we have this captured.

Let us know if you’d like to initiate this process and thanks again for being part of our preorder community!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarcyL

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

They sent out an email in January to anyone that had a canadian address. They stated in the email that the preorder would be cancelled and deposit refunded while making the alteration. you don't lose your place in line or anything so disregard the "Preorder date" once you reconfigure.

Email below

Hi Adam,

We’ve had a handful of community members reach out because their Rivian preorders were assigned to the wrong country (oops!).

To make that right, we’ll be doing some behind the scenes work to get you assigned to your preferred country of delivery.

What happens next?
To start, you’ll see your preorder deposit refunded!

Do not be alarmed- this is not an error and we will honor your original preorder date for delivery prioritization. As a thank you for your patience while we sorted out the technical details, we will not ask you to place another deposit.

Once the correct country has been assigned to your preorder, you’ll receive a confirmation email from our Customer Service team as well as new preorder confirmation. Feel free to access your account to see this update. Please note, original order dates will be reflected later on but know we have this captured.

Let us know if you’d like to initiate this process and thanks again for being part of our preorder community!
Thank you very much Adam for this. I archive all my Rivian emails and I simply did not get this email. Oh well. It is now all cleared up in the manner described in your email.

As an aside, is there a Lower Mainland Rivian group? If not we should start one!

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
I too haven't received such an email. I logged into my Rivian account and it still has pricing in USD.

I'd actually prefer to pay in USD, since it's almost guaranteed that the Canadian pricing will be higher (compared to exchange rates). I've got USD investments ready to sell too, so no need to pay any FX fees if we can pay in USD directly.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thank you very much Adam for this. I archive all my Rivian emails and I simply did not get this email. Oh well. It is now all cleared up in the manner described in your email.

As an aside, is there a Lower Mainland Rivian group? If not we should start one!
It's funny because I'm actually looking to buy property on the Sunshine Coast right now, so initially it will be a Lower Mainland Rivian group for this guy, but quickly changing to a Sunshine Coast Trail Rippin Rivian Group! haha

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I too haven't received such an email. I logged into my Rivian account and it still has pricing in USD.

I'd actually prefer to pay in USD, since it's almost guaranteed that the Canadian pricing will be higher (compared to exchange rates). I've got USD investments ready to sell too, so no need to pay any FX fees if we can pay in USD directly.
Me too on the paying in USD as I'm currently working stateside and would likely be that extra bit cheaper if paid in USD
Sponsored