First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I agree something like GM's Magnetic Ride Control (used on the 682HP $150K Escalade for example) is the way to go for a performance vehicle. But past "performance" trucks always hamstring some basic truck abilities, namely, payload, which wouldn't be acceptable to me. Not sure these early trucks had a choice given the state-of-the-art at the time (e.g. 2000s Lightning, Chevy SSR). This setup could also help with the R1T's problem with squat during acceleration and the occasional tractor pull competition.

I'd be o.k. with limited off-road capabilities, but I've become accustomed to being able to lower the truck through a range from "kneel" to "high-standard". I use this weekly, if for nothing else, loading the hitch with 96 gallon trash cans and then navigating my curved, steep driveway.

Can I get a hood scope for cooling the frunk due to all the additional power dissipation? It would look cool and be "functional".

Limiting moving parts in orifices would also be good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Donald Stanfield

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I agree something like GM's Magnetic Ride Control (used on the 682HP $150K Escalade for example) is the way to go for a performance vehicle. But past "performance" trucks always hamstring some basic truck abilities, namely, payload, which wouldn't be acceptable to me. Not sure these early trucks had a choice given the state-of-the-art at the time (e.g. 2000s Lightning, Chevy SSR). This setup could also help with the R1T's problem with squat during acceleration and the occasional tractor pull competition.

I'd be o.k. with limited off-road capabilities, but I've become accustomed to being able to lower the truck through a range from "kneel" to "high-standard". I use this weekly, if for nothing else, loading the hitch with 96 gallon trash cans and then navigating my curved, steep driveway.

Can I get a hood scope for cooling the frunk due to all the additional power dissipation? It would look cool and be "functional".

Limiting moving parts in orifices would also be good.
I would be down for a hood scoop.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This is our perfect truck. The R1T is just right. It is just the right size for our daily jaunts and chores. It will also pull our Airstream travel trailer without a wimper. She is unique enough that people notice. She is faster off the line than a new Corvette, which is saying a lot for a pick-up truck. She is in the same price range as our Silverado Duramax.

Brian

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

What I like about the R1T is that it is a truck and not a sedan. Think about it.....Teslas are all sedans (until the Cybertruck comes out), Lucid, sedan, Polestar, Sedan, VW, Sedan/suv, Volvo XC40 Recharge, and EX90, suv/sedans. Rivian has a market with only Ford's lightning as its competition (trucks I am talking about) but that is stretching it.....it's still a F-150. GM does have one coming out soon, but it will be a GM with GM stuff.....Rivian are way above it.

I hope they concentrate on the quality (not that it is bad now), and not worry about the "bells and whistles". My wife and I are talking about getting the R2T when it comes out.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

2 main improvements for me:

A Larger inverter
the 1500w limit is killing me for dual burner inductions for my camp kitchen
I know I can buy an 1800w and be careful... but I have imaginary kids I don't trust quite yet
when I start tearing apart for lighting and winch install I may try to find an off the shelf replacement...

B Not having two mini 12v batteries, if it was wired for redundancy, I'd feel great, as it is now, it's a liability, and I'm so nervous to wire any 12v gear to them for fear of bricking half the truck, I'm legitimately considering a full auxiliary 12v battery set up

Bonus:
Incase nobody has trolled yet, AA/CP :D
Sponsored