First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RT1
Occupation
Architect
Making a left at an intersection the truck started to shake violently and a message of motor failure popped up. It felt like a motor was "disintegrating", thank God I could make it to the place I was going which was 4 blocks away, so It made it coasting at 3 mph with the steering shacking and the drivetrain felt like it was going to fell off. Not that much fun, and no early signs either, it was completely out of the blue. The truck has 25K miles, mostly highway. I wonder if the stress of moving all that weight is too much for the moving parts, the service center says it is an inverter, whatever it is broke inside the motor housing for sure.

This incident pushed me over the EV craze, I was already dissatisfied with the hassle of finding chargers, and the lack of service centers, and another big annoyance for me was the amount of wind noise. I find that unacceptable on a modern vehicle, truck or not. So, I will be looking to get on something else, I know I will take a beating on the trade-in. Live and learn...again.
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Sorry to hear of your experience. When did you take delivery? Maybe offer it for sale here to someone else in the Rivian community? Will likely get better than a trade in.

It sounds like you are already frustrated and have your mind made up. I get it and it is unacceptable for long service wait times. I would normally tell you that failures can happen in any vehicle and that Rivian is a new company with the same growing pains Tesla experienced at this stage. I know this doesn't help your situation.

For anyone else reading patience is still needed with service so for that reason I don't think an R1 is for everyone until the service wait times come down.

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
Service center wait times vary a lot. Cleveland is only 10 days out for appointments
Sponsored