MIT Leaders for Global Operations announces new industry partnership with Rivian

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-4x, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad
Occupation
IT
https://mitsloan.mit.edu/press/mit-...ons-announces-new-industry-partnership-rivian

Cambridge, Mass., February 22, 2021—The MIT Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) program announced today that Rivian—an independent, American electric vehicle maker and automotive technology company that develops vehicles, products and services related to sustainable transportation—has become the newest member of its industry partnerships. This addition brings the partner company total to 26—18 of which are in the Fortune 500 or Global Fortune 500.

MIT LGO collaborates with the MIT Sloan School of Management and the MIT School of Engineering to deliver an interdisciplinary Engineering-MBA dual degree program. The two-year curriculum features internships at elite partner companies. MIT LGO students develop leadership skills for the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, geosciences, energy, high-tech, and global supply chain industries, among others.

Advertisement

Last edited:

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I would have loved a program like this. The engineering/business combo is awesome.

OP
K

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I would have loved a program like this. The engineering/business combo is awesome.

I started off in Highschool with something similar, senior year Land Rover was based out of the Washington DC area. I did a Mechanical Engineering Internship for three months and they hired me after I graduated high school. 3 months in they merged with Aston Martin and Jaguar and moved operations to Mawah, NJ and Irvine. Learned so much and decided to just stick with Computer Science as my major for a more secure career. I loved every minute of the environment.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I started off in Highschool with something similar, senior year Land Rover was based out of the Washington DC area. I did a Mechanical Engineering Internship for three months and they hired me after I graduated high school. 3 months in they merged with Aston Martin and Jaguar and moved operations to Mawah, NJ and Irvine. Learned so much and decided to just stick with Computer Science as my major for a more secure career. I loved every minute of the environment.
I'm an engineer by nature, but technology & business by education & trade. I worked my way through college working full time in tech, but have often looked back wishing I would have studied engineering.

OP
K

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I'm an engineer by nature, but technology & business by education & trade. I worked my way through college working full time in tech, but have often looked back wishing I would have studied engineering.

That is pretty awesome, I decided to do CS to get into computer security and I am glad I did that route as its non stressful at all and job security is always there. I am low key mad at my parents for not doing the typical asian thing and pushing me into the Med field lol.

Advertisement

Advertisement