Max Pack Update? Anyone?

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hearing conflicting reports on Max Pack what with rumors on quad enduro motors vs. dual motors, interesting:

but yah maxpack was never coming for R1S, still wondering if dual enduros changes that significantly or if they squeeze any more batteries down there…
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hearing conflicting reports on Max Pack what with rumors on quad enduro motors vs. dual motors, interesting:

but yah maxpack was never coming for R1S, still wondering if dual enduros changes that significantly or if they squeeze any more batteries down there…
Probably an attempt to get early reservation holders to switch off protected pricing to get the max pack earlier, if this is really true.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Probably an attempt to get early reservation holders to switch off protected pricing to get the max pack earlier, if this is really true.
Unless the rear motor has a locker I wouldn't even consider going to the dual-motor setup, even if I could keep the pre-March 1 pricing.

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
yeah, I’m guessing they’re crunching the #s & realize that across ramp-up (i.e. assembly line tooling, focus, priorities), cost of parts & labor, and inflation, they are better off pushing back any quad-motor max pack buyers at pre-price-increase all the way to back of the line since their losses per-vehicle will be highest on these models with sub-$80k prices.

Can’t say I blame them but man that’s gotta be a tough pill to swallow for anyone with an R1T max-pack pre-order.

On the other hand, I think it’s far more likely for those order windows to be on the other side of the auto-tonneau redesign too.

It’s a smart financial choice to reduce the losses for the production of those vehicles, and it’s in their interest to stretch their battery supplies across as many large-pack orders for to maximize total volume of order fulfillment as possible, but I bet they’re going to have their work cut out for them at customer support for the next two months sorting all the fallout…
Sponsored