Sponsored

Max Pack range coming......I know, I know....soon?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Rivian Guide answer guide:
" Thank you so much for that insightful question. We fully share your excitement for these amazing adventure vehicles and can hardly wait to bring them to you and other enthusiasts. Addressing questions like the one you asked is precisely why we're here and we're thrilled to be able to provide those answers. At this time, we can say with certainty that your question is one of the most common ones we get and we're busy compiling all those responses at this time. We look forward to sharing more details regarding all inquiries soon. Thanks again for your passionate pursuit of an EV Adventure with us at Rivian! "
I see soon, shot!

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I mean it does say “this month’s launch…” so at least they are currently sticking with that.
They also stuck with June deliveries right up until the May 27th email where they announced/buried a one month delay in a larger announcement.

I get delays happen and are inevitable with a launch like this, what I don't get is why their communication strategy is so poor.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
. . . what I don't get is why their communication strategy is so poor.
Lucid has a more sophisticated publicity strategy and a sales group that is much easier to reach and more communicative than Rivian's. However, I'm just as frustrated by the prolonged delays in getting my Lucid Air as I am in getting my Rivian R1S.

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Not buying either model until they get the max pack. 480km range is simply not enough long term when you consider potential towing.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Which tax credit? If you’re talking about the proposed US federal legislation, it’s really unrealistic to think anybody at Rivian has any idea how the final credit will work. It is honestly unlikely to pass at all anyway, but even if it does, it could have provisions that specifically address what has to be included in the relevant “MSRP”. If the threshold is $80k, Congress likely doesn’t want a company to game the hell out of it by selling a car for $79,999 that has software limited range of 100 miles but that can be upgraded to 300 miles for the low price of $100 after vehicle purchase. Details like how that will work are not even in serious discussion in Congress, so Rivian has no way to know what will happen.
Game the hell out of it they will. You can play be the rules . What do you think the California route 1 edition Mach-E was made? The right range, the right price, to get all CA credits.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Game the hell out of it they will. You can play be the rules . What do you think the California route 1 edition Mach-E was made? The right range, the right price, to get all CA credits.
My point was that there's no way for anybody to know what restrictions might exist in a hypothetical piece of legislation or in the corresponding regulations. It'd be irresponsible for Rivian to tell a customer that X configuration will get a tax credit under a set of rules that aren't currently the law and that aren't even drafted with sufficient detail to become a law.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
That reply stunk.

“Boss, can I get a raise?”

“We will see...you are doing a great job. I will get back to you”