Master List of Exported Rivians

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

oak202

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, LE, Blue, 20" ATs
Occupation
Self Employed
Hello Fellow Euro Rivian's - well our long journey is almost at its end, our truck arrives in Ireland next week and we have scheduled a mechanic to assist us with reconnecting the batteries/bring it back to life!!!

Hard to believe its been so long, but we cannot wait to have the first ever Rivian in Ireland . . . a feeling many of you have already had :)

Question - has anyone been required to solve the rear turn signal color issue? They are currently red and we are being told by the Vehicle Compliance/Registration Department that they need to be amber.

While I hate the idea of weird looking little orange dongles hanging off the back of my Rivian, it might be my only solution for getting the truck "road worthy" by Irish standards.

Hoping others have a better solution :CWL:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Amber LEDs and a soldering iron?

I was just in Ireland last month, a beautiful country. I do not envy you trying to drive an R1T around on the tiny little roads. Riding busses around Dublin was utterly terrifying lol :)

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

There was someone who was thinking of buying a used Rivian and taking it to Canada where there are no immediate plans for service coverage. Donā€™t know if he did it and I couldnā€™t find that thread again

Someone also saw a Rivian in Hawaii but we donā€™t know who it was.

I salute you, lone wolves

I saw one in Maui... hope it's still alive.

I was wondering what they do for service.

oak202

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
Amber LEDs and a soldering iron?

I was just in Ireland last month, a beautiful country. I do not envy you trying to drive an R1T around on the tiny little roads. Riding busses around Dublin was utterly terrifying lol :)
Actually that's not a terrible idea, but because they share the same lamp space as the brake light, it might all be the same LEDs . . . HOWEVER - there is an off chance they did every other one, very slight chance, but worth a little research!

Thank you for the idea :)

Oh, we have a little tiny "city car" for those roads . . . the Rivian will be for fun, and well planned trips that have been scoped out for road width LOL!!!

Sponsored

oak202

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
We are officially up & running in Ireland ā˜˜ā˜˜ā˜˜

Arrived with 93% charge, a 3% loss over 10 weeks in the shipping container.

We had issues with the 12V batteries, which required some trickle charging, then a boost charger. Due to the delays on rebooting the SW due to the 12V, we had to pull the truck out of the container using a big winch . . . kudos to the front tow hooks, they can take some abuse LOL!

The tow driver kept his boost charger on the primary battery while dragging the truck out of the container, and by the time it was on his flatbed the SW had all rebooted and was working . . . crazy!

We aired up the tires, checked a few screens, and drove a little over an hour home.

Checked charging and we are happily charging off a standard house plug, adapter, and the portable charging unit that ships with the truck . . . 3kW pull off the charger and I'll gladly take that for now.

More to come

:rock:

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Fire & Rescue
Clubs

Right on. Great to hear!

NotRegistered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Congrats @oak202!! It's interesting how every country handles vehicles brought over as household goods differently. My R1S has been in Switzerland since July and we actually need to do electromagnetic compliance and electronic safety tests, which is only needed once per car and valid for all of Europe. I've done the first part (was not cheap!!) so if you need that, contact me. The red turn signal lights are allowed in Switzerland on personally imported cars, so that's good but again, differs per country.

As I wrote elsewhere just before the second part my R1S now shows a parking brake failure and won't allow to shift out of park anymore, so it's bricked right now. Rivian wants me to ship it back to the US to service. Definitely not great to not have any service centers here and Rivian being extremely protective of their stack.

oak202

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
I think this particular vehicle is a doctored image that came out a couple years back, and has been debunked . . . if memory serves they showed the steering wheel moved to the other side as well.

Now, to be sure, there is are two R1T's that were delivered by Rivian to Kenya, pre-production and pre-launch. And those vehicle are being used the Maasai Conservation Trust, which is awesome and probably should be added to the list . . . but again, opinions vary because those are Rivian sponsored vehicles.

Here is the article about those two vehicles

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...e-with-a-maasai-behind-the-wheel-215799.html#

Sponsored

rivian_germany

First Name
D-Rok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '22 M3LR, '09 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Congrats @oak202!! It's interesting how every country handles vehicles brought over as household goods differently. My R1S has been in Switzerland since July and we actually need to do electromagnetic compliance and electronic safety tests, which is only needed once per car and valid for all of Europe. I've done the first part (was not cheap!!) so if you need that, contact me. The red turn signal lights are allowed in Switzerland on personally imported cars, so that's good but again, differs per country.

As I wrote elsewhere just before the second part my R1S now shows a parking brake failure and won't allow to shift out of park anymore, so it's bricked right now. Rivian wants me to ship it back to the US to service. Definitely not great to not have any service centers here and Rivian being extremely protective of their stack.
Ugh! Sorry about the trouble! Sending you a DM.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just saw a beautiful Limestone R1T driving toward Makena in Maui with an electric foil surfboard on the back. Driver had a big smile on his face. Very cool!

Jimflip

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
A friend of mine (who has an R1T) is vacationing in Costa Rica and just spotted a (green) Launch Edition R1S with a big Thule "egg" on the roof.

It's a bit of a long shot - but he was wondering if anyone knows whether it was driven down or shipped in (if it is the former, he'd love to know more about the trip and perhaps do something similar from the East Coast, US).

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
A friend of mine (who has an R1T) is vacationing in Costa Rica and just spotted a (green) Launch Edition R1S with a big Thule "egg" on the roof.

It's a bit of a long shot - but he was wondering if anyone knows whether it was driven down or shipped in (if it is the former, he'd love to know more about the trip and perhaps do something similar from the East Coast, US).
We have a group chat of Rivian owners in Costa Rica witha 14 members, but so far haven't heard of any of them driving down from the U.S. I do know of people driving from Guatemala to Costa Rica in an EV, so at least that part is doable, but not sure about crossing all of Mexico--that might be more of a challenge.
Sponsored