First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Will it take control of the vehicle and prevent @Dark-Fx from arriving at his house with 1% charge remaining? 🤔

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Will it take control of the vehicle and prevent @Dark-Fx from arriving at his house with 1% charge remaining? 🤔
Oh, you just reminded me. My truck did tell me at one point I wasn't going to make it home and it automatically re-routed me to an ev-charger, which I promptly removed from the plan and continued on.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Oh, you just reminded me. My truck did tell me at one point I wasn't going to make it home and it automatically re-routed me to an ev-charger, which I promptly removed from the plan and continued on.
You are just trying as hard as you can to get on YouTube, aren’t you?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Rivian R1T R1S MapBox v2 SDK Now With EV Routing jack-nicholson-yes

I'd watch that on youtube. I found sadistic pleasure in watching Kyle push an EV to a charger that one time.

Sponsored

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
Incidentally, this screenshot in another blog post (https://www.mapbox.com/blog/mapbox-3d-navigation) really makes me hope they update the dashboard video game screen:

Rivian R1T R1S MapBox v2 SDK Now With EV Routing 63b589301fb0819e399cdbe4_image9

And the original they compared it to looks very similar to the Rivian view

Rivian R1T R1S MapBox v2 SDK Now With EV Routing 63b58913b646d20dd42c2ac3_image1

Just remove the buttons around the edges and merge the map normally shown on the left of the dash with the silly driving Rivian imagery and tada. Seems much more useful at a glance, and probably frees up space for something else on the left side of the dash.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
Mine did the same, but I still made it home with 45 miles remaining.

Bmitch24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My truck routinely tries to send me to a charger at the tail end of a road trip. I have rolled into the garage at 1% a few times now. A bit nerve wracking on the way in the first time, but I have become much more confident in my ability to gauge the truck's range. Limited range relative to my old F150 for sure, but range anxiety is non-existent.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Well, with all the news this week, I think we can officially put to bed any speculation on whether Rivian will use MapBox's EV routing algorithms. They're rolling their own! (or at least their subsidiary's own)
Sponsored