Sponsored

Major Issue with the Air Compressor Use....

evergreenmachine

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Dodge 3500
So, I used the air compressor for the first time today, and when I hooked up the air hose to inflate a flat ATV tire, there was a TON of water inside the hose.

I was lucky enough to have the tire inflation adapter connected to the hose (but not connected to the tire stem when I turned it on), and a huge spray of water came out the hose. If I would have had it attached to a tire, it would have forced all that water into the tire and rim which would not have been good to say the least.

I think someone at Rivian in supply chain needs to be aware of this (I sent them an email today) and wanted to warn folks before they use the air hose; if they are getting air hoses that are filled with rusty water that could end up inside a tire, that would not be good at all….will be a huge issue especially if they use the hose to inflate a tire on the truck!!!

Blowing a cup of rusty water into a rim…not good for sure, it just sprayed cr*p all over the truck and my clothes (and no, I did not wet myself!), but me thinks that someone from Rivian should look into this! Shoving a cup of water into the truck tire when you need to inflate it for some reason would be BAD!

Rivian R1T R1S Major Issue with the Air Compressor Use.... 20220530_132259

Rivian R1T R1S Major Issue with the Air Compressor Use.... 20220530_132302

Rivian R1T R1S Major Issue with the Air Compressor Use.... 20220530_132256
Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Wow. Might need to use that 7-day return policy on the truck.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

So, I used the air compressor for the first time today, and when I hooked up the air hanks for the heads hose to inflate a flat ATV tire, there was a TON of water inside the hose.

I was lucky enough to have the tire inflation adapter connected to the hose (but not connected to the tire stem when I turned it on), and a huge spray of water came out the hose. If I would have had it attached to a tire, it would have forced all that water into the tire and rim which would not have been good to say the least.

I think someone at Rivian in supply chain needs to be aware of this (I sent them an email today) and wanted to warn folks before they use the air hose; if they are getting air hoses that are filled with rusty water that could end up inside a tire, that would not be good at all….will be a huge issue especially if they use the hose to inflate a tire on the truck!!!

Blowing a cup of rusty water into a rim…not good for sure, it just sprayed cr*p all over the truck and my clothes (and no, I did not wet myself!), but me thinks that someone from Rivian should look into this! Shoving a cup of water into the truck tire when you need to inflate it for some reason would be BAD!

20220530_132259.jpg

20220530_132302.jpg

20220530_132256.jpg
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll try mine out tomorrow. I think I'll practice changing a tire and trying out all of the outlets, after making sure they're turned on in the UI. Best to find little issues before they becomes major issues. Great idea to post your discovery!

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

So, I used the air compressor for the first time today, and when I hooked up the air hose to inflate a flat ATV tire, there was a TON of water inside the hose.

Blowing a cup of rusty water into a rim…not good for sure, it just sprayed cr*p all over the truck and my clothes (and no, I did not wet myself!), but me thinks that someone from Rivian should look into this! Shoving a cup of water into the truck tire when you need to inflate it for some reason would be BAD
Just checking: would it be bad?
Sponsored