OP

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I just bought a house and turns out my next door neighbor is the marketing director / daughter of the president for Lordstown and has been since workhorse days. Any questions I should ask with my introduction? Or pulling in next door with my r1s is a big enough introduction?

She's about to have a volt, r1s, and rav4 ev all parked next to her. I keep waiting for her to drive an endurance home.
Good to know. Weā€™ll file that for future reference

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I just bought a house and turns out my next door neighbor is the marketing director / daughter of the president for Lordstown and has been since workhorse days. Any questions I should ask with my introduction? Or pulling in next door with my r1s is a big enough introduction?

She's about to have a volt, r1s, and rav4 ev all parked next to her. I keep waiting for her to drive an endurance home.
As a courtesy, and for your own protection, keep a fire extinguisher (or two) handy.....

Smart-ass comments aside, I really hope they are legit and succeed wildly. It would be great for the region around Lordstown, as well as for the EV community, in general.

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Article from the NYT today makes it sound like Lordstown may be on the way out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/business/economy/lordstown-motors-earnings.html

Shares of Lordstown Motors, a start-up aiming to make electric pickup trucks, dropped more that 15 percent in at the start of trading on Tuesday after the company said that it would ā€œat bestā€ make just 50 percent of the vehicles it had previously hoped to this year, unless it is able to raise additional capital.
ā€œWhat we are saying is that if we donā€™t get any funding, we might only make half of what we thought,ā€ Lordstownā€™s chief executive, Steve Burns, said Monday during a conference call.
Mr. Burns said the company was still on track to begin making trucks by September.
Lordstown has had discussions with some strategic investors who could pump money into the company, he said, and it has looked into borrowing money by using its plant or other assets as collateral.
He also said the company was looking into borrowing from a federal government program meant to support the development of electric vehicles, but it was unclear if it had any funds left.

Lordstown would be able to make as many as 2,200 trucks by the end of the year if it gets funding, Mr. Burns said. Without additional capital, it would probably make fewer than 1,000.
Mr. Burns has been hoping Lordstown would be the first to produce an electric pickup truck aimed at commercial fleets such as large construction and mining companies, but it will soon face some formidable competition. Ford Motor last week unveiled an electric version of its F-150 pickup that is supposed to go on sale next spring.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Article from the NYT today makes it sound like Lordstown may be on the way out
That's a shame for the EV community & anyone who jumped on the bandwagon to buy their stock. While they might be able to carve a niche, the Ford announcement definitely hurts them.

I'm sure they have at least some solid IP & some good people, it might make sense for someone (Dodge?) to acquire them, but I'm sure it will be at pennies on the dollar.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

That's a shame for the EV community & anyone who jumped on the bandwagon to buy their stock. While they might be able to carve a niche, the Ford announcement definitely hurts them.

I'm sure they have at least some solid IP & some good people, it might make sense for someone (Dodge?) to acquire them, but I'm sure it will be at pennies on the dollar.
GM could come in and chase Lordstown with a sweetheart deal (for GM) like they did with Nikola pre Hindenburg article haha

In hub motors could be used on the all new C-9 Corvette ?

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Article from the NYT today makes it sound like Lordstown may be on the way out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/business/economy/lordstown-motors-earnings.html

Shares of Lordstown Motors, a start-up aiming to make electric pickup trucks, dropped more that 15 percent in at the start of trading on Tuesday after the company said that it would ā€œat bestā€ make just 50 percent of the vehicles it had previously hoped to this year, unless it is able to raise additional capital.
ā€œWhat we are saying is that if we donā€™t get any funding, we might only make half of what we thought,ā€ Lordstownā€™s chief executive, Steve Burns, said Monday during a conference call.
Mr. Burns said the company was still on track to begin making trucks by September.
Lordstown has had discussions with some strategic investors who could pump money into the company, he said, and it has looked into borrowing money by using its plant or other assets as collateral.
He also said the company was looking into borrowing from a federal government program meant to support the development of electric vehicles, but it was unclear if it had any funds left.

Lordstown would be able to make as many as 2,200 trucks by the end of the year if it gets funding, Mr. Burns said. Without additional capital, it would probably make fewer than 1,000.
Mr. Burns has been hoping Lordstown would be the first to produce an electric pickup truck aimed at commercial fleets such as large construction and mining companies, but it will soon face some formidable competition. Ford Motor last week unveiled an electric version of its F-150 pickup that is supposed to go on sale next spring.
Mr. Burns is my neighbor's dad. Interesting.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
In hub motors could be used on the all new C-9 Corvette ?
In-hub motors will not be salvaged from the wreckage of Lordstown Motors during the inevitable liquidation for pennies on the dollar.

Not one of the established vehicle manufacturers has opted for them, and itā€™s surely not for lack of trying.

OP
OP

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I always felt like there was more to Lordstown than meets the eye, either more direct GM involvement or past and current GM executives. At least they are public and have to file quarterly reports providing a little better information flow. It looked like the only real competitor for Ford on the work truck side of things. Itā€™s a little hard to think GM would build a battery plant in Lordstown and not eventually assemble a vehicle in the plant. Maybe I think to logically, love to be a fly on that wall

OP
OP

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Workhorse stock is up 28% today. Either the apes are running a short squeeze or some one is about to take a large stake.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Workhorse stock is up 28% today. Either the apes are running a short squeeze or some one is about to take a large stake.
Ape lead short squeeze. But... thanks to the apes, I did make a tidy return on my AMC stock hahaha

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs