Sponsored

Locked out of my S. Anyone else experience this?

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
All, could not unlock the S this am using Rivian app as the key. Called CS and was patched thru to the service side. I was asked to use my fob, key card and wristband to no avail.
Car at the time showed 57% SoC. I’m now waiting for a call from the Chicago SC to schedule a mobile visit.
Just checked again thru the phone app and got this:
Rivian R1T R1S Locked out of my S. Anyone else experience this? 97233E36-C853-49EC-86C7-15462874C509
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Have you tried pressing in on the handle and opening? Perhaps it's unlocked but not presenting...

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I had a similar issue with my R1T. Came out one morning and it was completely unresponsive to the phone, key fob and card key. The truck was dead and my phone app read the same as yours. I tried jumping it with the cables near the trailer hitch. This woke up the truck enough to unlock the doors, but it would not boot up. Rivian ended up towing it to the SC and the solution was to replace the HV battery and rear drive unit. Hopefully, yours ia an easier solution.

OP
OP

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
SACDFJC, thanks for that commentary. Still waiting for SC to contact me. Reading thru some older threads I was making the leap to a 12 volt battery issue. I’m hopeful a mobile unit will arrive and be able to fix.

OP
OP

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Have you tried pressing in on the handle and opening? Perhaps it's unlocked but not presenting...
Tried without success. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
SACDFJC, thanks for that commentary. Still waiting for SC to contact me. Reading thru some older threads I was making the leap to a 12 volt battery issue. I’m hopeful a mobile unit will arrive and be able to fix.
When the mobile service folks came out for mine, they replaced the two 12v batteries and the truck came to life but was throwing a lot of errors. The truck drained the 12v batteries in about 30 minutes at which point the truck was a brick again. That's when they decided to tow it into the SC for repairs. I will say that the interaction with the SC was stellar given they replaced 2/3rd of the drivetrain. :) Let us know what happens... hopefully it's an easy fix.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
have they contacted you yet? This is the type of experience that makes me think more about flipping my S before it bricks.

OP
OP

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
have they contacted you yet? This is the type of experience that makes me think more about flipping my S before it bricks.
Still waiting for 3rd party towing to arrive. CS (Richard out of Plymouth Mi.) has been very responsive. I'm guessing I will be without the old S for quite a few days(weeks) as I believe they are very busy in Chicago at the service center.
Hoping the issue doesn't escalate to requiring more than just 12 volt battery replacements. Very glad I was at home when this happened. Had been considering trip to Colorado for Christmas.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
12 volt battery replacements.
Here's the thing, 12V batteries don't usually fail on their own this early in their life cycle. If they failed, something else caused it. So, unfortunately, it seems you may be headed down the path of a much more significant repair.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just curious if you know what software version your truck is on? This was in the 2022.43.92 update as one of the release notes

• Fixed a very rare issue with sleep that would cause the vehicle to deplete low voltage

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'd be happy to take your Ss off your hands! Make a public offer, we'll reverse auction it.

OP
OP

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just curious if you know what software version your truck is on? This was in the 2022.43.92 update as one of the release notes

• Fixed a very rare issue with sleep that would cause the vehicle to deplete low voltage
Currently 2022.43.2

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired