Sponsored

Lectron vortex adapter (level 3 supercharger to CCS)

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Thanx , seller was able to not ship
Sponsored

Michal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L322
Has anyone received theirs yet? Is this the best option for DC charging for now?
Am I correct to say that Supercharger(DC) and Level 1/2 charging will require two separate adapters?
Also how does Lectron compare to N2Z Supercharger adapter?

Last edited:

Joseph D

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Clubs

Has anyone received theirs yet? Is this the best option for DC charging for now?
Am I correct to say that Supercharger(DC) and Level 1/2 charging will require two separate adapters?
1. Has anyone received theirs yet?
Maybe a handful of people, not large scale yet. (the a2z adapters have been shipping for weeks though)

2. Is this the best option for DC charging for now?
The "official" best option is the tesla adapter. However both Lectron and A2Z are making their adapters to be in spec with the UL2252 certification that is still being worked out (at this time no adapter meets the UL2252 certification, even teslas, as the certification is not complete)

3. Am I correct to say that Supercharger(DC) and Level 1/2 charging will require two separate adapters?
Yes, this adapter is ONLY for DC Fast Charging. For AC charging at home/tesla destination chargers/ect (level 1/2) you will want a tesla to J1772 adapter for J1772 vehicles like Rivian.

4. Also how does Lectron compare to N2Z Supercharger adapter?
Size, locking mechanism, company that makes it. For more info I would watch State of Charge's videos on the adapters on youtube.

Reactions: VSG

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Just some notes:

I have the A2Z and have been charging with it as much as possible for the past (almost) 2 weeks. Works as expected and no concerns regarding temp, locking, etc.

I ordered the Lectron back in Nov '23, talked with them about early delivery for review, paid for expedited shipping and still have not gotten a shipping notice. Just an FYI.

I've held the Lectron and it is a bit longer. The only issues I see with that are - in some SC parking situations, you may need every inch of cable to make it to your port with the adapter in so does this extra length make that a problem? It also creates a little more "moment" hanging out there so any downforce by say, stepping on/over the cable, could more easily cause damage to the adapter or the port.
Sponsored