Sponsored

LE/Adventure vs. Explorer Cost Comparison

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
So thought I'd do some comparing. An explorer with everything it currently CAN add that's included in an LE and either wheel upgrade comes out to $71,300. Base LE is 75k. Preference for 21" wheels or going with the adventure package for bigger pack/not-EA would add another $1800 to the value difference for LE

So what (currently) do you get for your $3,700-$5500 more aside from a shorter wait?

Powered tonneau cover - note that the manual version converts to a camp table
Passenger lumbar adjustment
Ventilated seats - potentially more efficient than AC in the summer?
Rivian Elevation 360 Audio - vs a surround sound system
Natural-grained ash wood interior finishes
Chilewich floor mats
LE badging in the interior - can't imagine this adds a ton of value for most of us but maybe relevant to collectors in 20-30 years

To break down all the cost diffs, not counting paint/interior choices:

$3700/5700* - Explorer vs LE with either wheel upgrade
$5500/7500* - Explorer vs LE with 21" wheels (these are likely to provide the best on-road range)
$5500/7500* - Explorer vs Adventure with either wheel upgrade, and either battery

*+2k difference if you don't care about the off-road performance package.

IMO, $3700 is no-brainer if you care about just 2-3 of the right things on that list. I think $5.5-7.5k folks may have more to think about. And of course ?-6 months sooner is its own thing.

Note: Not sure anything changes for the R1S in terms of price difference. I would hope so given there's no tonneau cover diff for the R1S. I can't change vehicles until they make it a non-permanent-LE-loss option to check that though.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Derp. Probably should have posted this to orders/pricing section.