Sponsored

Latest VIN check R1S. What is the real production rate...

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

I thought about this for mine at 72xx when I see one below in shop at 8200…
If it makes you feel better, I selected from the shop about a month ago and got 15xx. Scheduled to pick up at the factory next weekend. 🙂
Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting. I got no notice. Was all of a sudden 8 steps and “it’s ready for delivery” last week which is 3-4 weeks for travel to VA and PDI. Not overly concerned but interesting. Will see if I have any issues/QA stuff when I inspect it on delivery
I was actually sent a text last week that I could schedule my delivery for this past Monday, but because of work, I had to wait until Thursday. I'm being optimistic that the R1S will be all good... with maybe minor issues that are either liveable or can wait for a scheduled service. I've only owned Ford's all my life, from Mustangs, Cobra's , F150's, etc, so my standards are a little lower than most. Besides, this isn't really a luxury car for me... It is for my wife. She isn't as meticulous about things as me, so I don't lose sleep over scratches, dings, dog slobber... lol We call her current car Vegas, because anything goes...!!!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I grabbed an R1S from the shop last four are 60xx. Does that mean it has been sitting for awhile or was it a reject?
6161 was 3/23 build so it is probably a March build.

jskyler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE RB/BM/22 Brights delivered May 23
Got guide confirmation that my R1S Blue/BM/22 is assigned. I was excited until I saw the VIN which ends in 3866. Based upon what I've seen, this appears to be an early 2023 build and I'm worried that it is a rejected VIN that had issues which needed correcting. Should I decline it?

Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Got guide confirmation that my R1S Blue/BM/22 is assigned. I was excited until I saw the VIN which ends in 3866. Based upon what I've seen, this appears to be an early 2023 build and I'm worried that it is a rejected VIN that had issues which needed correcting. Should I decline it?
Mine is the same. Vin is 42xx. No complaints from me and on the plus side I have the 12v under the dash snd meridian sound system.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

So is 8k range the highest seen recently? Is anyone keeping rough track of the ramp rate for R1S? I suspect it will be going much faster than the initial R1T ramp. Sure feels like it is but I haven't yet seen any hard, or even... "firm" data on it

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

So is 8k range the highest seen recently? Is anyone keeping rough track of the ramp rate for R1S? I suspect it will be going much faster than the initial R1T ramp. Sure feels like it is but I haven't yet seen any hard, or even... "firm" data on it
We are now eight months into the S ramp (August last year to now) and in that time taking Q1, 2 and most of 3 for the T (I am ignoring the Q 4 2021 as these were for employees and very first builds) then well over 10k were built so the S ramp is slower. Partially explained by still making a lot of Ts and getting the waitlist down for that vehicle.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

We are now eight months into the S ramp (August last year to now) and in that time taking Q1, 2 and most of 3 for the T (I am ignoring the Q 4 2021 as these were for employees and very first builds) then well over 10k were built so the S ramp is slower. Partially explained by still making a lot of Ts and getting the waitlist down for that vehicle.
Thanks for the details, all in my head then I guess :D It "felt" faster, at least it's somewhat close. Hopefully the overall ramp continues to increase in pace

Sponsored

Ddowns2050

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Tesla model S, C8 convertible corvette
Occupation
Electrical contractor
I picked my R1S up at the factory last week. It's VIN was 84xx.

Gobnu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Pilot
Might be worth asking why it sat around so long. On the plus side, you'll likely have the additional outlets and Meridian speakers.

BronxBomber

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S LE, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Talent Executive
VIN 76xx delivered 4/28, purchased from seller on 5/3. Adventure, GW/OC, no 12v, no Meridian.

Tmoody

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi etron Sportback
6284 picked up Wednesday…..03/23 build date on plaque.
Sponsored