Sponsored

Kneel Mode doesn't work on an incline?

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone else park on a sloped driveway and notice that kneel mode doesn't work?
Sponsored

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My driveway is sloped and it kneels fine. If you just put kneel mode on, you have to drive it around and then come back to park, It won't engage until the next park cycle. I don't think the slope of the road matters.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Kneel mode works fine on my sloped driveway as well.

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Hmm... WTF. It works when I park on level ground, but doesn't do anything in my driveway. Granted, it's pretty steep, but nothing crazy. I'll have to measure the slope and report back.

What is the slope of your driveways?

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hmm... WTF. It works when I park on level ground, but doesn't do anything in my driveway. Granted, it's pretty steep, but nothing crazy. I'll have to measure the slope and report back.

What is the slope of your driveways?
mine is about 15 degrees or so.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Update: Submitted a ticket and they called me back saying if the slope is too steep, kneel mode won't engage. Still need to measure mine, but I didn't think it was that bad. I think it should only disengage if the truck is in offroad mode.

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Just parked on a fairly steep hill in San Francisco and kneel mode worked... Wonder if it's something to do with GPS location at home. I have proximity sensing off at home... Maybe a glitch?

mecrider82

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2022 Kawasaki Vulcan Cafe
Occupation
Regulated Systems Business Analyst
Anyone else park on a sloped driveway and notice that kneel mode doesn't work?
My driveway is sloped and I started noticing this exact issue after the latest OTA was installed, prior to that Kneel mode worked just fine in my driveway and everywhere else. Now it only works on flat pavement such as parking lots, streets, parking garages, etc. I did ensure that Kneel mode was toggled back on after the update, and even tried toggling it on and off a few times to confirm. My husband noticed it too (he's been driving the truck more than me lately) and said the same thing that it only skips it when parking in our own driveway. I really miss the option, I am short and it was so nice to not have to pull myself up into the truck, especially since I recently had foot surgery and pushing off the ground is painful! I also have proximity sensing off at home, so its possible that has something to do with it, I have not had the opportunity to try parking on a slope anywhere other than home since this started a few days ago to test this theory.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I believe there is a glitch with kneel mode and home location. Kneel was working just fine in my driveway on 2022.39. With the new update, kneel no longer functions at my home location.

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I believe there is a glitch with kneel mode and home location. Kneel was working just fine in my driveway on 2022.39. With the new update, kneel no longer functions at my home location.
Wish that were the case for me. Mine had this behavior with the previous software.

Sponsored

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
I noticed today my kneel did not work on a slope AWAY from home! Will need to test this more as well.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I’m experiencing that kneel mode no longer works in my inclined driveway but works in the flat parking lot at work after the last 2022.43.2 OTA.

Sent a message to Customer Service. Haven’t an inclined surface away from my home. Maybe I’ll try at home but I’m the street tomorrow.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Update: tested on some small hills away from my house and kneel mode worked. Was hard to find another incline that wasn’t someone else’s driveway. I did find someone’s steep driveway in another neighborhood, and kneel mode did not work.

So, I guess my driveway is maybe 0.25 degrees past their new threshold? Yeah, it’s inclined, but it’s not that bad. Great. Should’ve read the non-existing fine print. :)

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Customer Support called me last night about an unrelated issue -- I mentioned this problem to them and it sounded like it was the first time they've heard of it. Sounds like a service center diagnosis is next... but I'm not going to schedule this just for this problem. Inconvenient, but not as much as leaving the truck there for an unknown amount of time.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

This is one of those situations where I'd ask everyone experiencing issues with kneel mode to submit a support ticket. The more tickets that are submitted, the sooner Rivian will address the issue. There WILL be some sort of update/push to remedy the broken driver memory situation, and that update needs to include something to fix kneel mode conditions.
Sponsored