Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My battery is due. Died the other day. Will be the second time in two years of heavy use.

Rivian R1T R1S Key fob battery life/display IMG_5567
Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

My battery is due. Died the other day. Will be the second time in two years of heavy use.

IMG_5567.jpeg
Did it give you a notification or did you have to go manually look? Would be a good app/OTA update if it doesn’t give you a heads up unless you keep checking the page…

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Did it give you a notification or did you have to go manually look? Would be a good app/OTA update if it doesn’t give you a heads up unless you keep checking the page…
I didn't notice any notification or check the menu until my fob was no longer working.

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just another datapoint but my fob showed a low battery almost immediately after purchase, I replaced the battery and a week later it said low battery again I hung out on that screen for a bit and the indicator refreshed back to full. It does this to me occasionally from time to time no issues with it working and if I just give it a minute it always returns to full after some time. It’s possible some of you are hitting this same thing and your batteries are fine
Mine was low battery immediately after purchase too, but I haven't changed it since. We don't use it much but service told me to change it and see if it happens again. Until a second battery dies, they won't do anything.

West4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It gives you a notification đź””

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It gives you a notification đź””
I recall a notification for both mine and a loaner we took on a Wenatchee/SR20 trip last fall. Don't ignore it and change immediately! Ours completely died at a trailhead and I managed to push a couple batteries together to make it work.

Unfortunately the fob doesn't have NFC or any chip in it to work when dead, and Rivian loaners don't include a card, which nearly screwed us.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Unfortunately the fob doesn't have NFC or any chip in it to work when dead, and Rivian loaners don't include a card, which nearly screwed us.
The service center didn't set you up so you could use your app as a key? I think the "invite a driver" feature of the app is one of the more useful but less-used features.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The service center didn't set you up so you could use your app as a key? I think the "invite a driver" feature of the app is one of the more useful but less-used features.
They did not, I received a fob inside a leather pouch with a magnet lock end. I had to rip out the fob to get to the battery and later replace it.

West4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Update:
Rivian tech support offered I could just stop by a service center at any time to swap it out, unfortunately can’t be mailed

swap out the fob **

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs