Sponsored

KBB Comparisons: R1T vs Cybertruck, Hummer, F-150 Lightning

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
I also do not think CT and R1T are competing in the same exact segment of pickups. CT seems to be a working truck while the R1T is an off roading truck, I could be wrong though.
They are both definitely lifestyle trucks. Rivian seems to be targeting the affluent buyer that wants a small bed for gear/bikes, etc. and Tesla is going after the bro-dozer, Raptor crowd that want to drive fast on paved streets. Ford (and eventually GM) will focus more on the work truck aspect. There may be some that use a CT for work like independent contractors or tradesmen, but most of the fleet accounts I'm sure will stick with something like a Lightning considering how cheap they are and how much more bang for their buck they will get out of something like that.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This guy is claiming that the CT glass is supposed to be bulletproof, which shows he hasn’t done his homework. Tesla never claimed the glass would be bulletproof, they claimed the stainless steel body would be bulletproof to 9mm rounds. They only claimed the glass would be much stronger than standard glass.
And their two demos failed, as well.