Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T - Limestone w/ Ocean Coast
Occupation
Yacht Broker
Clubs

Didn’t make it 20ft from the driveway before stopping for the first show & tell.

Is it weird that I’m bummed when I have to get out whenever I’m done going somewhere? Like I want to spend more time in it? Just finished a 50min drive to Newark for a flight and the drive flew by, no pun intended.

I’m an audiophile of sorts…Meridian system is sick but low end definitely lacking as said as nauseum. Going to have a custom box made for under back seat

I literally didn’t know til the day before delivery there’s no SXM. That’s just crazy to me. Using SiriusXM app for the time being.

Quad motor pickup is insane, still haven’t fully utilized it.

Backseat legroom is about 1/2 of my Jeep GC which I admit was very generous.

My wife actually likes the interior!! She’s been quiet on the exterior so far.

Truck does not unlock when I approach, only when I try to open a door handle. Can I fix this in settings? It auto locks when I leave.

The 20” Dark AT wheel/tire combo is way better in person. Much beefier and “truck” looking than online.

Can’t wait for the clear matte PPF/Ceramic/Stealth job to be done next week. Bummed I’ll have to go a solid 4-5 days without driving it!!

Rivian R1T R1S Just Took Delivery 2-21-23 -- Initial Thoughts A7EC9703-E11D-480D-84ED-3DD579C1C429

Rivian R1T R1S Just Took Delivery 2-21-23 -- Initial Thoughts 6A242859-1361-4CE0-AB45-350D8A41CFCC

Rivian R1T R1S Just Took Delivery 2-21-23 -- Initial Thoughts 6328ADE1-8E10-42F4-98CF-1632B1E4ED00

Rivian R1T R1S Just Took Delivery 2-21-23 -- Initial Thoughts D13E07FB-FB31-45A7-AF69-120729E390F5
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Congratulations!!! The feelings of "awesomeness" haven't worn off yet for me (delivered 30 Sep 22)! I too was a fan of SXM but now really appreciate Spotify and Tidal...haven't missed XM yet. For the unlock feature, set your phone up as a key and set the app to "remain open"...that will allow unlock on approach.

I too have the 20" darks and am a fan...mine are on Yellow but the pop really well on Limestone too. For the summer, I'll swap to the 22" darks (which also look pretty awesome)!

Happy for you and get used to the "show & tell"...happens almost every time I'm out and around the truck for more than a couple of minutes.

Take care!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Congrats on the delivery.

For the Auto Unlock, do you have the app set to always use location services? I do not as I don’t want the extra battery use but my understanding is it works better when it is set to always.

I always take my phone out of my pocket when getting in the car by habit and I find the unlocking is pretty consistent when I approach the vehicle with the phone in my hand. The auto locking is pretty consistent at about 50 feet.

I dropped my phone on day 7 and cracked the screen, it was an iPhone 12 Pro Max, replacing it with an iPhone 14 pro max on the R1S was an easy process I could do on my own which I was happy to discover. I also I think both of those models are working the same and had no issues using the wireless charger for either phone driving on the freeway.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I agree on the 20” dark forged alloys. The best looking OEM factory wheel option IMO. Pricey at $3500 but worth it.

Sponsored

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Congrats! From one Limestone owner to another, good pick!

FlightDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Congrats, I took delivery yesterday as well. They made me drive down to Denver, CO service center. I was not on the ball regarding the manual tonneau cover, it doesn't exist. Overall really happy!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Congrats! I see yours came with the factory installed wheel guard!

Rivian R1T R1S Just Took Delivery 2-21-23 -- Initial Thoughts 1677109794020

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
SiriusXM app for the time being.
I thought i am going to miss SiriusXM too, but the streaming quality was low comparing to Spotify and Tidal and i like these two apps now, especially how i command Alexa to play from either one. Tune-In is not bad either. Still miss having USB playback for those offline conditions thought.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Limestone is just so hot. I agree with your color choice!! I use Spotify so no need for SXM but seems like a weird choice to leave out.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Licensing fee costs?

aabolt

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Congrats!! Great color combo choice! What a great looking truck!

OP
OP

RyanG

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T - Limestone w/ Ocean Coast
Occupation
Yacht Broker
Clubs

Congrats! I see yours came with the factory installed wheel guard!

1677109794020.jpeg
Haha good catch! He’s fresh out of an ACL surgery and was his first day without a cone. He was jonesing for a “Car Ride” and just giving me the death stare!!

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Congratulations! Looking forward to the future posts on the custom sub box.

houdi

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Porsche Macan
Occupation
Product Manager
Clubs

Seeing pictures of R1T's with the build I'm planning on gets me that much more excited to get mine! If you dont mind me asking, how much is that Matte PPF wrap cost on an R1T?
Sponsored