LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Buckle up! The Rivian Clubs of America membership is now LIVE! 🎉👀Enjoy special offers, exclusive and discounted access to RCA events, perks for the whole family, plus score a membership to Tread Lightly! All of this, and we’re just getting started. Sign up today at https://rivianclubs.org/membership

Rivian R1T R1S It’s here! Introducing the new RCA Membership Screenshot 2024-05-20 073020
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Listening intently for the details .....

Rivian R1T R1S It’s here! Introducing the new RCA Membership 89719dc23a8239103b443b93e38bf557

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
This looks pretty awesome - Thank you to the organizers! Any chance of getting Rivian to allow the club to use the Rivian logo? I'm asking specifically because I was behind a MB the other day with a MB Club plate. Here's an example:

Rivian R1T R1S It’s here! Introducing the new RCA Membership 1716238134493-dt

This would look really cool with the Rivian logo on the left and "RivianClubs.org" at the bottom.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

At $47/year, Porsche Clib of America (PCA) is a great deal for me based on the value I get from the benefits I use every month. Not sure I’d get anything out of RCA based on the listed benes, but then again I don’t off-road or camp.

Still, it’s good to see a group like this get off the ground. Maybe I’ll be more interested when there are regions for meetings, social events, etc.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
At $47/year, Porsche Clib of America (PCA) is a great deal for me based on the value I get from the benefits I use every month. Not sure I’d get anything out of RCA based on the listed benes, but then again I don’t off-road or camp.

Still, it’s good to see a group like this get off the ground. Maybe I’ll be more interested when there are regions for meetings, social events, etc.
PCA was formed in 1955. Can't compare to one that has just gone live. Perhaps with more time and more participation, it will have more leverage to get more businesses on-board with discounts and benefits.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LivingInKaos

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Honestly, just the Tread Lightly benefit is worth $60/yr imo

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Honestly, just the Tread Lightly benefit is worth $60/yr imo
I can't figure out what the Tread Lightly membership is worth at all either. I joined RCA, but suspect it will be a one year thing and I'll get nothing from it. Discounts are usually worthless with most clubs since you can just google for the same discount codes any time. TL got me a few hundred off a Jeep once, that's all it was ever good for.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Yeah, I don't see any of the benefits as actually benefitting me. It's basically the $50 Tread Lightly membership level, for $10 more, with less benefits, and a Rivian theme instead of a Jeep theme.

Yes, Tread Lightly's mission is good; but seriously, what does RCA get me for $60 that Tread Lightly for $50 doesn't that I'll actually use? (The only actual "improvement over Tread Lightly for $50" I see is the iKamper discount - Tread Lightly only gives that at the $100 level, but that level also gives an outright $40 store credit at Thrashed Offroad, plus more discounts (Roof Top Overland discount that RCA doesn't have.) Sure, I guess if you were planning on a Tread Lightly $50 membership, *AND* you were going to buy an iKamper item, and you *DON'T* want to buy from Thrashed Offroad, the $60 RCA would be worth it over the $100 Tread Lightly. But that's it.

Is there any local-chapter-directed nonprofit donation? So that I know that my RCA-Portland membership will directly benefit outdoors-preservation causes local to me? That would make it more likely.

OP
OP
LivingInKaos

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Yeah, I don't see any of the benefits as actually benefitting me. It's basically the $50 Tread Lightly membership level, for $10 more, with less benefits, and a Rivian theme instead of a Jeep theme.

Yes, Tread Lightly's mission is good; but seriously, what does RCA get me for $60 that Tread Lightly for $50 doesn't that I'll actually use? (The only actual "improvement over Tread Lightly for $50" I see is the iKamper discount - Tread Lightly only gives that at the $100 level, but that level also gives an outright $40 store credit at Thrashed Offroad, plus more discounts (Roof Top Overland discount that RCA doesn't have.) Sure, I guess if you were planning on a Tread Lightly $50 membership, *AND* you were going to buy an iKamper item, and you *DON'T* want to buy from Thrashed Offroad, the $60 RCA would be worth it over the $100 Tread Lightly. But that's it.

Is there any local-chapter-directed nonprofit donation? So that I know that my RCA-Portland membership will directly benefit outdoors-preservation causes local to me? That would make it more likely.
Now, the details aren't 100% known to me, but as I understand it, Portland Rivian Club gets a $500 grant for every Tread Lightly missioned events. Pat of which will cover the club expenses of whatever we're doing, but the remaining is kept by the club for use in other events. It's like a fundraising stimulant while doing good for the community.
Sponsored