Sponsored

Is your R1T your first EV and/or first truck?

If you own a Rivian is it your first EV and/or truck?

• Total voters

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

For our family, our R1S is the first EV and first SUV.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Thanks for the poll idea. Looks like a bit less than half of respondents say this is their first truck.

I guess it's nice that it's not even higher, but if Rivian is converting non-truck drivers into truck drivers that reduces their environmental impact. Driving a Rivian is probably worse for the environment than driving a Prius.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My R1T is my 5th pickup truck. I never drove an EV before I got it, so I'm the target ICE convert that RJ was looking for. All my previous pickups (except for the '04 Tacoma) were bigger than the R1T, so it feels just right sized to me.
Same here I don't miss the bigger size as the extra storage of the frunk and gear tunnel make the R1 feel bigger.

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
Thanks for the poll idea. Looks like a bit less than half of respondents say this is their first truck.

I guess it's nice that it's not even higher, but if Rivian is converting non-truck drivers into truck drivers that reduces their environmental impact. Driving a Rivian is probably worse for the environment than driving a Prius.
Ya, unfortunately this is true. Think of all the people switching from Model 3s to CTs. Facepalm.

That being said, if you are using a pretty clean source of electricity I would guess Rivian's are a little cleaner total lifecycle than our friend the Prius (was my first plug in).

Reactions: sub

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I owned a Nissan KingKab from the first year they were made, 1986.5 until it got totaled by a BMW when my son used it to move from a shared house to his own condo in Everett WA when he started working at Boeing. That was about 8 years ago. I was without a truck until 2022 when I got Arty. I really wanted a new truck sooner, but it had to be an EV.
Sponsored