First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Besides this vehicle, I’m particularly interested if anyone is investing in stocks. I’m bored of my portfolio but it’s doing well. So I’m looking for an investment opportunity.
Own Delta, Apple, Disney, Honeywell, Microsoft, and Boeing with great returns. But I have some money I took out of the market and was looking for any thoughts you all were thinking before a Rivian IPO.
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Besides this vehicle, I’m particularly interested if anyone is investing in stocks. I’m bored of my portfolio but it’s doing well. So I’m looking for an investment opportunity.
Own Delta, Apple, Disney, Honeywell, Microsoft, and Boeing with great returns. But I have some money I took out of the market and was looking for any thoughts you all were thinking before a Rivian IPO.
I'm all in PSTH and BTWN. I really hoped PSTH might find Rivian behind door number 3, but I think it's gonna be something else (and probably good). BTWN just for the backers. Note this portfolio is doing nothing for the moment as SPACs are mostly flatlined. Once DA occurs, well, who knows...

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I didn't see Amazon or Google in your list.
I've set aside a couple bucks for a Rivian IPO and I also put a couple bucks into QuantumScape - hoping they crack the solid state battery code...

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
EW, not as good a buy as it was 5 or 6 years ago but I think it still has a little meat on the bone.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I threw some money at MMEDF last month (and have lost about 20% lol)

They seem like they’ve got a great idea, psychedelics for the treatment of adult ADHD, depression, and anxiety. They’re in late clinical trials with a drug. Cheap stock, huge potential, IMO.

Obligatory: not financial advice, do your own DD

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I will definitely invest in Rivian when they IPO. I'm also long on Lucid (currently CCIV) & think it's a solid buy at current prices.

I have a mess of other speculative stocks in a wide range of industries, but most of those have taken a pounding the last month or two, so I don't want to talk about any of those. ;-)

OP
OP
Gearhead500

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I didn't see Amazon or Google in your list.
I've set aside a couple bucks for a Rivian IPO and I also put a couple bucks into QuantumScape - hoping they crack the solid state battery code...
Sorry I could have mentioned Amazon. I brought it during COVID and it’s down 2% so I’m just sitting in it but could be moved to sell.
GOOG - don’t want too many eggs in the tech basket but thanks
Willl check out QuantumScape
Thank you

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

Sorry I could have mentioned Amazon. I brought it during COVID and it’s down 2% so I’m just sitting in it but could be moved to sell.
GOOG - don’t want too many eggs in the tech basket but thanks
Willl check out QuantumScape
Thank you
Gee whiz, QuantumScape (QS) is highly speculative.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another interesting note. I'm up on investments in Volkswagen, GM, & Ford. I still see Tesla as greatly overvalued, and think the traditional automakers will gain relative to Tesla as they release more EVs.

I believe that Tesla will "pull" increased valuations to the traditionals when they show some EV volume, and I can't help but think that Tesla's crazy valuation will come back down to earth some.

I know many might disagree, but just my $.02.

Sponsored

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
I think we are just at the beginning of the tech and energy revolution. Energy prices will approach zero and tech will explode with the limitation of energy scarcity and prices removed. So I am investing in anything that will be a bridge to that future. I think hydrogen storage of energy (for everything other than cars) will be the first move. PLUG FCEL BLDP. Solar will go along with that as the grid becomes more decentralized RUN SEDG. Then you have the internet expanding bringing augmented reality with it. As seen with the NFT craze. It seems like we are willing to place value on digital real estate, art etc. I am really not sure how that will play out. But any company that will be apart of that internet tech expansion will bring large gains. FSLY with edge computing is interesting to me. That’s online gaming and cloud based augmented reality. You need low latency along with massive bandwidth.
Just my thoughts. I really have no clue.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Gee whiz, QuantumScape (QS) is highly speculative.
Look into QS and seemed a bit too volatile for me. I did Moderna Last Feb and that paid off quite a bit, lost a bit on CCIV but that is longterm as @skyote mentioned so I am waiting for a breakeven point if it ever happens.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think we are just at the beginning of the tech and energy revolution. Energy prices will approach zero and tech will explode with the limitation of energy scarcity and prices removed. So I am investing in anything that will be a bridge to that future. I think hydrogen storage of energy (for everything other than cars) will be the first move. PLUG FCEL BLDP. Solar will go along with that as the grid becomes more decentralized RUN SEDG. Then you have the internet expanding bringing augmented reality with it. As seen with the NFT craze. It seems like we are willing to place value on digital real estate, art etc. I am really not sure how that will play out. But any company that will be apart of that internet tech expansion will bring large gains. FSLY with edge computing is interesting to me. That’s online gaming and cloud based augmented reality. You need low latency along with massive bandwidth.
Just my thoughts. I really have no clue.
Solid take, and I own a couple of those you mentioned.

Staying the hell away from NFT though just because it's weird & purely speculative to me...I know there's people who have made a lot of money there, but it just doesn't sit right with me from an investment perspective.

Another interesting space to me is eVTOL, as I think that's the next step in transportation beyond ground-based EVs. RTP (Joby Aviation) has come down from an inflated price & is another interesting long term play.

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Solid take, and I own a couple of those you mentioned.

Staying the hell away from NFT though just because it's weird & purely speculative to me...I know there's people who have made a lot of money there, but it just doesn't sit right with me from an investment perspective.

Another interesting space to me is eVTOL, as I think that's the next step in transportation beyond ground-based EVs. RTP (Joby Aviation) has come down from an inflated price & is another interesting long term play.
NFT’s make no sense to me value wise but Epic games made billion dollar revenues from a “free“ game because my nephews and others are willing to buy “skins”. Seems like the younger generation will see value in purely digital assets. I can’t get there. I like my art hand painted and hung on my wall.
I saw a story about UPS deploying eVTOL’s and it makes a lot of sense for general pop transport, especially in cities if population density continues to increase.
Sponsored