Sponsored

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
Hey Gang I meant to post this on Tuesday, but got busy with work. I had my running boards installed at the Van Nuys T Sportline shop with Adir and Oliver. Great group there and install took about 2 hours. I talked to Oliver (Installer) for a little bit and he's very knowledgeable. The quality of the running boards are top notch. I kicked it a couple times and jumped on them to test them out and they're solid!

PSA - due to the support brace/arm putting pressure on the panels, the SLOT design has to be changed to an L-shaped cut. Not changing it to this may cause the panels to pop off in certain conditions. I still prefer this over the 4" circle, but to each their own. Oliver and Adir talked to me in length about it and I appreciate them for doing that. You honestly can't see any of the cuts unless you poke your head under the truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 20230221_110739

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 20230221_110751

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 20230221_110716

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 20230221_124418

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Hey Gang I meant to post this on Tuesday, but got busy with work. I had my running boards installed at the Van Nuys T Sportline shop with Adir and Oliver. Great group there and install took about 2 hours. I talked to Oliver (Installer) for a little bit and he's very knowledgeable. The quality of the running boards are top notch. I kicked it a couple times and jumped on them to test them out and they're solid!

PSA - due to the support brace/arm putting pressure on the panels, the SLOT design has to be changed to an L-shaped cut. Not changing it to this may cause the panels to pop off in certain conditions. I still prefer this over the 4" circle, but to each their own. Oliver and Adir talked to me in length about it and I appreciate them for doing that. You honestly can't see any of the cuts unless you poke your head under the truck.

20230221_110739.jpg

20230221_110751.jpg

20230221_110716.jpg

20230221_124418.jpg
Yes, kudos to Adir and Oliver. They were so kind and patient with us standing around gawking and asking questions. A top notch company. Very impressed and am loving my runningboards. I don't have to put in sports mode every time I get out!. Enjoy everyone

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
[QUOTE="Hey Gang I meant to post this on Tuesday, but got busy with work. I had my running boards installed at the Van Nuys T Sportline shop with Adir and Oliver. Great group there and install took about 2 hours. I talked to Oliver (Installer) for a little bit and he's very knowledgeable. The quality of the running boards are top notch. I kicked it a couple times and jumped on them to test them out and they're solid!"
[/QUOTE]

Could you please post a template to follow for the "L"shape cutout that you used. That would help me and many others a lot who don't want cut a big circular 3-4" cutout in the plastic panels?

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
[QUOTE="Hey Gang I meant to post this on Tuesday, but got busy with work. I had my running boards installed at the Van Nuys T Sportline shop with Adir and Oliver. Great group there and install took about 2 hours. I talked to Oliver (Installer) for a little bit and he's very knowledgeable. The quality of the running boards are top notch. I kicked it a couple times and jumped on them to test them out and they're solid!"
Could you please post a template to follow for the "L"shape cutout that you used. That would help me and many others a lot who don't want cut a big circular 3-4" cutout in the plastic panels?
[/QUOTE]
The team there said @EV Sportline will be updating the template and sharing it with everyone.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
The team there said @EV Sportline will be updating the template and sharing it with everyone.
[/QUOTE]
Those are super nice slot cutouts. Love the work you're doing, @EV Sportline install crew! I will use the revised template to do my own install when I get mine! Thank you!

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

20230221_110739.jpg

20230221_110751.jpg

20230221_110716.jpg

20230221_124418.jpg
Hmm, this is making me lean towards just doing the circle cut now and plugging it somehow.

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
Hmm, this is making me lean towards just doing the circle cut now and plugging it somehow.
That is what Oliver was recommending. It'll make the install easier since you're not taking off the panels. Also if you ever take off the boards for any reason, then all you need to buy are 4" plugs and you're covered. I'm happy with the L-shape personally as I have no intention of buying a different running board or changing to sliders.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I LOVE the running boards. Definitely solved the problem I was looking to solve and they look great. EVSportline touted these as being "production worthy" and they absolutely are. They very much look like they could have been a Rivian offered option (and should have been).

The ONLY complaint is that the debate between slots/slats or 4" holes is something we need a better solution for. While you can't see them unless you crawl under the truck, that ONE aspect is certainly not "production worthy".

I've seen their work on Tesla's and everything could have been considered production worthy. This is one aspect that they need to find a better solution. I know they posted a photo of one truck having dirt and grime below the plastic. Mine, after 8 months however, were spotless. The 4" holes are certainly going to change that. It's pouring rain this week, so once it dries out, I'll climb under and take a look to see what it looks like now. But, definitely think this is something that they should come up with a universal solution for, so that it looks production worthy and looks like something the factory would have offered. These 4" holes or slots/slats are certainly not how factory installed boards would have been offered.

Minor issue that there should be a relatively easy fix for. EVSportline is in the best position to determine the best solution since they'll be doing so many of them, rather than individual customers trying to customize their own solutions. So far, quite a bit a talk about it (between this thread and others), so clearly an issue that customers want to be improved upon. Hopefully EVSportline will be able to come up with something that can be included in the kit and workable as a retrofit for existing customers.

Just my two-cents. As we did from the start, simply sharing customer feedback so they can offer the best product possible.

Aside from this, no complaints. Haven't heard any wind noise from them. If there's any range impact, will be tough to measure as it is so minimal, if any at all.

This is what mine looked like. Framing underneath perfectly clean. Have a feeling it won't look like that after this week with the rain....
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 1677307475994

From these views though, they look like they were factory produced....

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 1677307564713

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 1677307583254

Last edited:

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
Those are super nice slot cutouts. Love the work you're doing, @EV Sportline install crew! I will use the revised template to do my own install when I get mine! Thank you!
[/QUOTE]

After you make your outlines for the L cut on the panel make sure you double check they're in the right spot. Due to slight variances in all our builds and print outs, Oliver noticed it can be a tad off. His opinion was based off doing 2 installs w/ the L cut.

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Had the running boards for about 2 weeks now and just took a trip to the mountains. Drove about 600 miles total there, around, and back. Running boards did great. I got the whole truck muddy at one point including the boards but they got cleaned up after some rain.

Overall, no extra noise and I consistently beat range estimates while driving, even through a lot of rain. Not scientific by any means but there appears to be no range hit vs. navigation estimates.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@EV Sportline @BrookeRRiv Do y'all have a link to the templates that I can print for the 4 inch holes? I can't seem to find them anywhere, and they don't seem to be included with my running board hardware.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

@EV Sportline @BrookeRRiv Do y'all have a link to the templates that I can print for the 4 inch holes? I can't seem to find them anywhere, and they don't seem to be included with my running board hardware.

Yes, template is here - download HERE

Make sure you print 100% scale, do not 'fit to page' on printing options, if offered. You can measure any of the printed measurements on the template after printing, to make sure it printed 'to scale'
Sponsored