First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Seems like so many make it too complicated. Jack pucks and such. I use a simple floor jack on the lower control arms to jack up the truck. No need for having a jack that reaches heaven to get the tire off the ground. Simple process. Same method the tire shops have used when taking the truck in to swap out wheels on my truck. No removing plastic panels, fumbling with jack pucks to line them up, etc, etc. But, that's just me.
I reserve the lower control arms for the jack stands, so the jack pucks are the way to go. Essential accessories for every RIVIAN owners.
Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
There will be no surprises - we'll carefully manage each order, making sure everyone is up to speed on everything and confirms before we ship. Gang, we're going to take care of all of you - promise.
I'm good with the running boards. Would have preferred them welded, but it's a minor point. The wider width is good as production run, and I reserve judgment on the open design after install and usage. I definitely plan to use the provided template to modify the plastic covers to reinstall to the truck as I have a set of the 1EV mag jack pucks. More than excited to get these running boards now as they are in production and close to shipping. They'll go nicely with the RMaxx Beadlock wheels I ordered. And the rubber bed mat. Thanks!

As further thought, if you later on produce optional plates with a stamped-on design, I would definitely be interested in getting them to replace the open design.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Seems like so many make it too complicated. Jack pucks and such. I use a simple floor jack on the lower control arms to jack up the truck. No need for having a jack that reaches heaven to get the tire off the ground. Simple process. Same method the tire shops have used when taking the truck in to swap out wheels on my truck. No removing plastic panels, fumbling with jack pucks to line them up, etc, etc. But, that's just me.
I think the “can i still jack?” OP may have been referring to a trip to the tire shop for a rotation. Without pucks, the plastic panels would need to be removed, per the manual. If you also have the running boards on, they would have to be removed in order to remove the modified plastic panels.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
After an hour of reading through all these posts, I ordered.

I don’t quite understand the fixation some of you have on the weight of them and that impact. Whenever you have a passenger ride with you, do you quickly think of how that impacts your mileage? I have a 60 lb dog who rides with me and I still get the same mileage. These aren’t hundreds of pounds being added like the underbody shield. Take a deep breath…it’ll be ok.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

After an hour of reading through all these posts, I ordered.

I don’t quite understand the fixation some of you have on the weight of them and that impact. Whenever you have a passenger ride with you, do you quickly think of how that impacts your mileage? I have a 60 lb dog who rides with me and I still get the same mileage. These aren’t hundreds of pounds being added like the underbody shield. Take a deep breath…it’ll be ok.
Have you ever owned an overlanding rig, gone overlanding?

Yes for most 150lbs or 200lbs won't matter but people who actually need/want rock sliders have to carefully monitor weight of all of the accessories they add, because it adds up on a vehicle especially when there is only 1500lbs or so to begin with. That is why I care about the weight and it doesn't have anything to do with range.

Sponsored

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Have you ever owned an overlanding rig, gone overlanding?

Yes for most 150lbs or 200lbs won't matter but people who actually need/want rock sliders have to carefully monitor weight of all of the accessories they add, because it adds up on a vehicle especially when there is only 1500lbs or so to begin with. That is why I care about the weight and it doesn't have anything to do with range.
@jjswan33 ok, so I stand corrected and that is a valid reason as it relates to the sliders. My apologies. I guess I just looked at it from the assumption of range only. Thanks!

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My SO says they don't need the running boards and that our kids can use the exercise! Ended up canceling my order.
Folks at EV/TSportline have been a pleasure to interact with! Should be no reservations with any reservations.
Hope everyone gets what they're going for s00n.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
My SO says they don't need the running boards and that our kids can use the exercise! Ended up canceling my order.
Folks at EV/TSportline have been a pleasure to interact with! Should be no reservations with any reservations.
Hope everyone gets what they're going for s00n.
Yeah to be fair though most everyone is fine without them but will the seat edges be fine, that's the question. ;)

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Yeah to be fair though most everyone is fine without them but will the seat edges be fine, that's the question. ;)
@Mysta that’s exactly my thinking. I’ve seen how bad truck seats get worn down from people sliding in and out of them.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@EV Sportline are you able to confirm if you’ve started to ship these out? If not, do you have a date when you suspect to be able to?

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

@EV Sportline are you able to confirm if you’ve started to ship these out? If not, do you have a date when you suspect to be able to?
They’re not even production yet. Read back a few posts and you’ll see the vendor mentioned shipping early January.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
They’re not even production yet. Read back a few posts and you’ll see the vendor mentioned shipping early January.
@connoisseurr I did and the last update I see states “Everything is moving ahead well - we should begin shipping steps in late Dec; based on b/o we will be shipping into January.”

So it would lead me to believe they’ll begin shipping soon and based on back order, pre orders will be full filled through January.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

@connoisseurr I did and the last update I see states “Everything is moving ahead well - we should begin shipping steps in late Dec; based on b/o we will be shipping into January.”

So it would lead me to believe they’ll begin shipping soon and based on back order, pre orders will be full filled through January.
That’s just the vendor padding their timeline so people don’t get mad they didn’t get running boards in December. Everyone should anticipate shipments in December, barring no more engineering changes.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Yep. For me, that's 90% of the reason I have a pre-order.

There was an R1T on one of the auction sites recently with 7K or so miles that looked like it had a pretty worn down driver's outside bolster. I'm trying to avoid this. For my mostly passenger wife, she needs the help getting in. I'm really looking forward to getting these.
Sponsored