Pruiz01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Any Texas Rivian owners have recommendations for insurance providers? What’s the best rivian coverage out there per month? I’m get $190/m quoted this month when last month was $149
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Everyone's situation is different so futile to compare rates. I paid for a full year back in March but expecting a significant jump when I renew next year. Unfortunately these vehicles are proving very expensive to repair and, as insurance companies are gathering actual claims data, they are adjusting rates accordingly.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
We had Geico for super cheap high coverage, like $110 a month. Moved to high coverage at Liberty Mutual though with the newer car replacement coverage included though.

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

Insurance depends on so many personal factors that is impossible to compare prices online for the same car. Best bet is to get multiple quotes and pick from there.

My best price came around 2x your initial quote. But knowing that I have 2 young drivers under 25 in my household I am not complaining. Actually I am but nothing I can do after getting 5 different quotes around same prices.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
FWIW, we're in TX, Costco/Connect was the cheapest for us, compared to Progressive (next best), Geico (stupid), and Tesla (cheaper than Geico, but not worth the safety score stress). 3 or 4 cars on the policy, 1 young driver, other than that, no black marks. In isolation, the R1T costs $681/per 6 months.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Any Texas Rivian owners have recommendations for insurance providers? What’s the best rivian coverage out there per month? I’m get $190/m quoted this month when last month was $149
I'm in Dallas and with statefarm. Rate is not too bad at all. We do have 4 cars and the house under the policy. Let me know if you want my agen't s info.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
FWIW, we're in TX, Costco/Connect was the cheapest for us, compared to Progressive (next best), Geico (stupid), and Tesla (cheaper than Geico, but not worth the safety score stress). 3 or 4 cars on the policy, 1 young driver, other than that, no black marks. In isolation, the R1T costs $681/per 6 months.

I also switched to connect, I'm not 100% confident in how they'll handle a claim they have a mixed bag of reviews, but, I don't know any carrier that really does a great job where people are 100% satisfied during the claim itself.

My friends in the insurance industry say don't switch my home to them just the truck (their home was more expensive than liberty mutual anyways) which they say is a better company to have on my side for the house.

Connect was $1100 a month for the Rivian and a 2010 lexus rx350 not sure the breakdown between cars but Rivian Nationwide was $1200/ 6 months for the Truck alone, perfect credit, perfect records, no one under 25

Swezey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM LBP 21" Rivian Blue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

State Farm was the cheapest for myself and the wife. 2 cars and home policy

RivDeWrld

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Lexus IS
Statefarm provided me the best quote so far. 2 cars and home (w/Statefarm) and now adding Rivian to that list. R1S just got scheduled for delivery.
Sponsored