Reaction score
Website
www.realestatebyscottmiller.com
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Porsche 911 S, Audi Q5
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Clubs

Each manufacturer uses their own encryption protocol and hardware ID's.. none of the ebay examples would work on our Rivian. I just showed them to demonstrate how inexpensive the item Rivian sells for $160-$275 is on the open market where there is competition.
Thanks Rob, appreciate the feedback. I got to tell you I love the vehicle but the only that bugs me is having to use the phone app to open the car.
Sponsored

JeffADK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Convertible, Tractor, UTV
Occupation
All the time
Clubs

Are these bracelets easy to get programmed by Rivian for our truck? I don’t want to sound dumb but why won’t I want to buy one of these? Anyone?
It’s worth it for me, but obviously not for everyone. I just returned from playing in the surf with my grandkids, and the bracelet is perfect for this - no phone, no fob, and no cardkey in the beach sand.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
It’s worth it for me, but obviously not for everyone. I just returned from playing in the surf with my grandkids, and the bracelet is perfect for this - no phone, no fob, and no cardkey in the beach sand.
We went to the beach today in the boat.. I clip the fob to a heavy cable in the back of the electronics glovebox.. but I'd still rather not bring the fob on the boat at all if I didn't need to. There's always a chance of it somehow getting wet or worse dropped overboard.

Sempervirens

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S & Ioniq 5 SE RWD
I am unsure how our wristband fob works, I have not been able to get the wristband to unlock the car.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
My wristband arrived this afternoon via USPS, got online with Rivian chat, not even a two min wait.. told the rep what I'd like to do.. she asked for the key #, I replied and she said she'd submit it now and it should be in my account by the end of the day. Very quick and super easy!!

FWIW... I have no idea who Rivian sized these things for? I don't have large wrists (on most watchbands I use the middle hole or even one smaller) but I have to use this band on it's largest setting! I'm sure it would fit my wife and daughters great, but us men could easily find ourselves out of luck size-wise. Keep in mind that you could add one additional hole manually, but you then run the risk of the end of the band falling short of locking itself in under the hasp section which would then make it very easy to unlock itself and come off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Went out to the truck around 8PM... the wristband worked!

It took 2min on chat to make the request... and they added it to my account in under 4hrs as promised.. thanks Rivian! :)

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care
I just picked up a couple wristband keys on eBay for $75 each. I noticed in a different listing that some a-hole posted one for $550.

We'll see if the ones I bought work. They're supposed to arrive this weekend. They did ship from Normal. Seller had 5 of them.
Looking forward to hearing if they work or not

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
So for the boat - is your phone or watch in your car while you are on your boat? I get crap cell service, so I don’t bring my phone on the boat. But I do have my Apple Watch and have to have my wallet as I need my license to drive the boat (in MD).

Totally understand it makes sense for some folks, but don’t know where their other key options are when they’re on a boat. I understand not wanting to lose a watch or card while surfing - but I feel like the wristband could just as easily come off. And the watch as a key doesn’t work yet!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
So for the boat - is your phone or watch in your car while you are on your boat? I get crap cell service, so I don’t bring my phone on the boat. But I do have my Apple Watch and have to have my wallet as I need my license to drive the boat (in MD).

Totally understand it makes sense for some folks, but don’t know where their other key options are when they’re on a boat. I understand not wanting to lose a watch or card while surfing - but I feel like the wristband could just as easily come off. And the watch as a key doesn’t work yet!
While in the boat, my phone stays in a waterproof case. I'll wear the wristband while driving to the ramp, but once in the boat I'll store it securely in the electronics glovebox till we return back to port and I'll need it for the truck again.

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Looking forward to hearing if they work or not
@shrink and I purchased our bands from the same ebay seller with an address listed as Normal, Illinois.
@shrink and my wristbands were all successfully added to our accounts and now work with our vehicles. The ebay sale was legit and absolutely worth $75 when you consider Rivian is selling the same bands for $160-$275!

Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
@shrink and I purchased our bands from the same ebay seller with an address listed as Normal, Illinois.
@shrink and my wristbands were all successfully added to our accounts and now work with our vehicles. The ebay sale was legit and absolutely worth $75 when you consider Rivian is selling the same bands for $160-$275!
Can you post a link to the eBay listing (even if it is ended)? Or maybe a photo from the original listing and eBay seller? Thank you!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob