Mr. Peppermint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineer
I will continue this inquiry further...

You joined the forum 4 days ago and you immediately write off Rivian...Try talking to some of us who are going on 2+ years all spent in this forum without the CS experience that I actually think is pretty freaking awesome...We were our own Customer Service until Rivian brought theirs online back on 19 October of last year.

Call them up. Chat in. Build a relationship with them. Ask them about what they are most excited about at Rivian. Ask them why they chose Rivian. Ask them what it was like seeing the R1s coming off the factory floor. I have talked to probably every single one of them. They know about me, what I do, my wife's name and what she does, what we plan on doing with our R1T, and where we plan on going for our first trip. They thank me for my service in the military. They want to get to know you. Or you can write them off and not give them that chance and deal with some really crappy CS...

You make a compelling argument, I would agree that I should have at least first checked their website's customer service and will do so momentarily. Having said that, let me ask you this. Would it not be wise for an unknown business such a Rivian to give equal importance to all their information outlets whether it be Social Media, the website, or events if they wish to achieve the goal of being distinguishable from the competition?
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
You make a compelling argument, I would agree that I should have at least first checked their website's customer service and will do so momentarily. Having said that, let me ask you this. Would it not be wise for an unknown business such a Rivian to give equal importance to all their information outlets whether it be Social Media, the website, or events if they wish to achieve the goal of being distinguishable from the competition?

A lot on this forum would agree that communication should be more frequent including me.

Being extremely deliberate and as accurate as possible curating their message, in and of itself differentiates Rivian from those in the BEV space.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Oh they are distinguishable from the competition. I wouldn't rely on IG, Facebook, and Twitter for great communication. They created a phone and chat for almost instantaneous answers. Use it. I think you will be surprised.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Mr. Peppermint,
Presuming you made a $1000 deposit to reserve an R1, while not contractually obligated, I do believe Rivian owes you and the rest of us some level of customer service. I assure you we are all clamoring for additional info as the anticipation is killing us. We have debated over the past months, years in some cases, whether the amount of info being released is reasonable and adequate. I think this is a fair debate. It seems unreasonable, though, for any company to be expected to answer product specification questions via any and every communication media of every customers choosing. This is especially true considering Rivian has zero paid retail customers. Their are a few very highly conscientious companies, Zappos or Patagonia come to mind, that may do what your asking but I challenge you to get any other manufacturer to do what you are asking. As Jimcgov mentioned Rivian has excellent customer service channels out their.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Mr. Peppermint,

I'm looking forward to hearing how you feel after your first/next lengthy call with the Customer Engagement Center. Have your exhaustive list of everything you want to discuss ready to go and just ask away. I think you'll come away with a different view. We all have our own opinions and observations. From my perspective, they're doing an amazing job. I may be a bit of a dinosaur, but for me, social media is an unremarkable tool that pales compared to the human commitment made by Rivian.

Part of my reasoning for wanting to burn a week's vacation to fly to the factory and then drive cross-country at considerable expense is to get to meet these people. In particular, Martin has been great to deal with on many a lengthy call and much of that time has been social. Regarding Rivian, he tells me what he can, and tells me what I'll have to wait for. He and the others have also taken my input to heart, even though they have yet to lower the price of the Camp Kitchen to $1,499 (yes, including plates and silverware!). I want to shake Martin's hand and thank him in person and hope I get that chance soon.

Take care and keep us posted!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I asked similar questions regarding the rear storage and here is the response. The rep had no information on the longer-range models.

"While we can’t speak to how big this space truly is, the R1T rear seats will certainly have the ability to lift up, the bottom cushions flip forward to reveal a convenient compartment of under-seat storage.

R1T backseat.png
I sure wish they would make that space lockable. At the very least, using a switch/button on the dash and/or fob to allow controlled access would be nice. It may not be totally secure but, for me, it would be better than simply pulling the seat up after getting into the vehicle. I'd rather not rely on the gear tunnel for storing all stuff securely as some things, like electronics, will benefit from the passenger compartment's climate-controlled environment.
Sponsored