Inquiries Left Unanswered

Mr. Peppermint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineer
Good day everyone. The image below shows the chat I had with the 'RivianOfficial' account. My first two questions were on Friday 9th April 2021 and the third on Tuesday 13th April 2021. After I sent the second question and saw that 3 days had elapsed without a reply (the chat, however, was marked 'read' which meant they saw it) I chalked it up as being too busy to type out a response. The third question refers to the hidden storage compartment I saw in the R1T's second-row seats. I checked the chat on the 14th April 2021 and saw the same thing was repeated, left on 'read'. Were the questions ridiculous or offensive? Is there anyone else being left on 'read' or it's just me?

Rivian R1T R1S Inquiries Left Unanswered InkedScreenshot_20210414_124502_com.instagram.android_LI
Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Good day everyone. The image below shows the chat I had with the 'RivianOfficial' account. My first two questions were on Friday 9th April 2021 and the third on Tuesday 13th April 2021. After I sent the second question and saw that 3 days had elapsed without a reply (the chat, however, was marked 'read' which meant they saw it) I chalked it up as being too busy to type out a response. The third question refers to the hidden storage compartment I saw in the R1T's second-row seats. I checked the chat on the 14th April 2021 and saw the same thing was repeated, left on 'read'. Were the questions ridiculous or offensive? Is there anyone else being left on 'read' or it's just me?

InkedScreenshot_20210414_124502_com.instagram.android_LI.jpg
I believe the rear seat storage was confirmed for the 300 mile R1T, but not 400 due to batteries taking up that space.

As for the rear entertainment, I really hope there is. My Rivian is going to be used for A LOT of family trips and I promised myself after my last trip that my next car will have rear entertainment.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Have you tried their official customer support channels from their website?

Hangryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW FE Reservation
I just asked about it and this was my response:
Rivian R1T R1S Inquiries Left Unanswered Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.52.48 AM

Doesn't answer much but does give some hints about branded products

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

InkedScreenshot_20210414_124502_com.instagram.android_LI.jpg
Message read.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I asked similar questions regarding the rear storage and here is the response. The rep had no information on the longer-range models.

"While we can’t speak to how big this space truly is, the R1T rear seats will certainly have the ability to lift up, the bottom cushions flip forward to reveal a convenient compartment of under-seat storage.

Rivian R1T R1S Inquiries Left Unanswered R1T backseat

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just asked about it and this was my response:
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.52.48 AM.png

Doesn't answer much but does give some hints about branded products

Thursday news drop on accessories confirmed. (What else could they mean by "soon?")

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

OP
OP

Mr. Peppermint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineer
No, I haven't. I would check it out. To be totally honest, I'm kind of reconsidering if I should buy this vehicle or not. It's the first two vehicles from the brand and if that was a sample of what the Customer Service would be like then I'm not interested, sorry.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
No, I haven't. I would check it out. To be totally honest, I'm kind of reconsidering if I should buy this vehicle or not. It's the first two vehicles from the brand and if that was a sample of what the Customer Service would be like then I'm not interested, sorry.
Contacting customer service directly thru their channels established that purpose is likely better than social media like instagram. Give it a try - they are pretty responsive (but keep in mind not all details have been released and they can't answer all questions)

Rivian R1T R1S Inquiries Left Unanswered 1618432677748

https://rivian.com/support

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Yes, clearly a pre-production inquiry to a prospective customer help site that is likely bound by what can be disclosed before formal announcements are made is an indicator of post-purchase customer service. You sure have their number.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, clearly a pre-production inquiry to a prospective customer help site that is likely bound by what can be disclosed before formal announcements are made is an indicator of post-purchase customer service. You sure have their number.
Put another way: we have been asking them a lot of questions that they haven't made publicly available. That CS responds to us at all is a win. Try asking Tesla about the cyber truck, you won't get anywhere near as far.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Hahaha. Really? One so-so experience from social media and you bail? I call shenanigans...Is this you, Franz von Holzhausen? You sneaky Dog.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I will continue this inquiry further...

You joined the forum 4 days ago and you immediately write off Rivian...Try talking to some of us who are going on 2+ years all spent in this forum without the CS experience that I actually think is pretty freaking awesome...We were our own Customer Service until Rivian brought theirs online back on 19 October of last year.

Call them up. Chat in. Build a relationship with them. Ask them about what they are most excited about at Rivian. Ask them why they chose Rivian. Ask them what it was like seeing the R1s coming off the factory floor. I have talked to probably every single one of them. They know about me, what I do, my wife's name and what she does, what we plan on doing with our R1T, and where we plan on going for our first trip. They thank me for my service in the military. They want to get to know you. Or you can write them off and not give them that chance and deal with some really crappy CS...

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Just tried to contact my Dr. via twitter to get some health answers, and my wife to find out what's for dinner. Neither could give me instant answers! the Gall of these people. I'm done with them both.
- Mr. Peppermint

Sorry to mock but.... never mind not sorry!
Sponsored