Ineos Grenadier drive event

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
Ok. Landed on the config I liked. I am a goof and the whole color scheme was so that it matches the little toy version I bought from Ineos. Will see how long this takes to arrive once I order it.

As to the previous questions... will I need the crazy off-road capabilities of this or even my R1T and R1S? Absolutely not. But does it make the inner child in me giggle with glee? for sure.

Rivian R1T R1S Ineos Grenadier drive event ineos
Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Ok. Landed on the config I liked. I am a goof and the whole color scheme was so that it matches the little toy version I bought from Ineos. Will see how long this takes to arrive once I order it.

As to the previous questions... will I need the crazy off-road capabilities of this or even my R1T and R1S? Absolutely not. But does it make the inner child in me giggle with glee? for sure.

ineos.jpg
I had one that looked like that reserved. Cancelled when they revealed pricing here. They're trying to fleece Americans and Canadians while not holding true to their original ethos. Farmers won't be buying this thing. It's for gwagon posers now. That's the image. Fuck that guy who started it. It isn't British, has no manual trans, and no bulletproof diesel. Joke.

I'll eventually import a landcruiser.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
Pre-ordering for the US is now open. I have started a race between rivian and ineos: I have a (pre-) order in for an R1S and a Grenadier. The prices are about the same. My R1S pre-order is October 2020 but I live far from any service centers in a very rural area so that is leaving me at "processing estimate" until they build a service center in Montana. Whoever can deliver first gets my money.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Hmmm…………I’m trying to like it………..I do like the old school looks, but it seems like they invented something that was invented years ago and has pretty much run it’s course. Not sure theres a big demand or need for a new solid axle old school 4x4 that cost that much (but right now everything cost a lot). It certainly won’t go anywhere a stock rubicon couldn’t, and for sure it’s not keeping up with a rubicon that’s built a little, and these can be had for far less money.

BMW components mixed in. Does anyone know what the service situation is? If it could be taken to any bmw dealer for service that would be a plus.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Well, I like old school:) I sold my landcruiser last year in anticipation of a q4 2022 R1s delivery as stated by Rivian but got changed to processing estimate (Greek for “never”). The Ineos is built like a tank. It and Rivian are worlds apart in terms of manufacturing philosophy. One wants to custom build everything they can in house and they other wants to use off the shelf whenever possible. The nice thing about the 2nd way is that if they go under you can still get parts from somewhere. In the 1st case if they go under you are the proud owner of a boat anchor. Funny you mention the “who wants old”. Harry’s garage said the exact same thing and said the land rover discovery is what people want. Didn’t find out until later that he is a paid consultant to Land Rover :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Hard not to love the looks of this, but at 15 mpg the first 10 years of fuel on this will be $30,000 (assuming an optimistic $3.00 / gal and an even more optimistic you actually get 15 mpg). The same 150,000 miles will cost $7,500 in the R1S (assuming 2.2 miles per kwh and 11 cents kwh where I live it is less). Even throw in anther $2k for the Texas EV tax... the dead dino premium is very high with this one.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I confirmed my Ineos reservation yesterday. I chose a Scottish White truck with tinted glass and heated seats as the only options.

The BMW B58 3.0 liter engine and German 8-speed tranny were a great powertrain choice. Both units are nearly bulletproof. The 3.0 inline six cylinder engine is sewing machine smooth.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I had one that looked like that reserved. Cancelled when they revealed pricing here. They're trying to fleece Americans and Canadians while not holding true to their original ethos. Farmers won't be buying this thing. It's for gwagon posers now. That's the image. Fuck that guy who started it. It isn't British, has no manual trans, and no bulletproof diesel. Joke.

I'll eventually import a landcruiser.
you think it is overpriced? LOL. The price not even close to the Gwagoon or even RRD. Have you priced a landcrusier lately? (oh I do miss my FJ62... the last of the real off road cruisers).

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
FWIW I configured my Fieldmaster in Quenn's Red with pretty much all options except the raised air intake and extra cow bell.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I'm watching "A Long Way Up". 3 episodes so far. Makes me think the Grenadier is an even better idea than I originally thought :) Good thing they have a huge truck mounted diesel powered generator to get them out of trouble when the s*** hits the fan.

Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
you think it is overpriced? LOL. The price not even close to the Gwagoon or even RRD. Have you priced a landcrusier lately? (oh I do miss my FJ62... the last of the real off road cruisers).
Yes. They're all overpriced status symbols. The grenadier is not a good value. Already seeing gremlins with their electronics, no track record of reliability, and you can't even tell me what your out the door price will be because you are at the mercy of your dealer (who they aren't revealing yet).

The only thing I'll think of when I see one here is that the owner wasn't handy enough to work on a classic defender of landcruiser.

We opted for a second Rivian instead or following through on the grenadier btw. Their pricing made it a no brainer.

Last edited:

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
What an odd statement, not only is Count Orlok right about prices, the R1S at current pricing is higher than an Ineos. In addition "The only thing I'll think of when I see one here is that the owner wasn't handy enough to work on a classic defender of landcruiser". Really? I assume you do al the maintenance on your rivians? By the way, we have a number of tractors, trailers and older vehicles and we do the maintenance on all of them al the way from changing brake rotors to replacing engines and transmissions. Even straightening frames. IF we do end up getting an R1S we will be able to do approximately none of the maintenance beyond changing brakes due to the nature of the vehicle. I guess in the end all auto purchases are a lifestyle and political choice. Good thing we are still a sort of free country and people are still allowed to mostly make their own decisions.

Last edited:

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes. They're all overpriced status symbols. The grenadier is not a good value. Already seeing gremlins with their electronics, no track record of reliability, and you can't even tell me what your out the door price will be because you are at the mercy of your dealer (who they aren't revealing yet).

The only thing I'll think of when I see one here is that the owner wasn't handy enough to work on a classic defender of landcruiser.

We opted for a second Rivian instead of following through on the grenadier btw. Their pricing made it a no brainer.
Overpriced, gremlins, no reliability track record, and owners who don’t work on them. Sounds a whole lot like we’re describing a Rivian right now.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Overpriced, gremlins, no reliability track record, and owners who don’t work on them. Sounds a whole lot like we’re describing a Rivian right now.
Laughing but you’re correct.
No reliability track record for either and the little bit of record for Rivian is not that great (based on reports made on this forum).

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
What an odd statement, not only is Count Orlok right about prices, the R1S at current pricing is higher than an Ineos. In addition "The only thing I'll think of when I see one here is that the owner wasn't handy enough to work on a classic defender of landcruiser". Really? I assume you do al the maintenance on your rivians? By the way, we have a number of tractors, trailers and older vehicles and we do the maintenance on all of them al the way from changing brake rotors to replacing engines and transmissions. Even straightening frames. IF we do end up getting an R1S we will be able to do approximately none of the maintenance beyond changing brakes due to the nature of the vehicle. I guess in the end all auto purchases are a lifestyle and political choice. Good thing we are still a sort of free country and people are still allowed to mostly make their own decisions.
It's pretty obvious ineos wasn't able to deliver on what they originally promised and are screwing over US and Canadian buyers. Why spend $90K on one when you can get a fully loaded diesel truck or a Rivian in the US for that price? Reviewers like harry are spot on. I truly hope you enjoy yours though.
Sponsored