Sponsored

Ineos Grenadier drive event

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Thanks count! I just got notifed yesterday our bronco got picked up for production in April, after nearly 700 days haha. Got some decisions to make.
What did you think of the Grenadier color palette in person?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
What did you think of the Grenadier color palette in person?
Colors were all great. The Scottish white is more of a cream. Nice included color if your leaning toward mushroom they are pretty close. I took Donny Gray into the sun. It's more of a metallic black than gray. The green is nice, close to rivian forest green but less metallic. The dark blue looks black as well in the shade. Light blue was very nice on the vehicle. Like the rivian colors you really can't go wrong with any of them. That was my most tough decision when ordering. I ended up forest green because that's what I had configured that week. 🤣

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I just booked the Illinois drive event. I can't wait!! Anyone else going?

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I just booked the Illinois drive event. I can't wait!! Anyone else going?
You're going to love it! Let me know your thoughts after. When's the event? Take your S, my T was a hit with the Ineos employees. Most were from Europe and had never seen one up close.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
You're going to love it! Let me know your thoughts after. When's the event? Take your S, my T was a hit with the Ineos employees. Most were from Europe and had never seen one up close.
May 11.

Sadly my S will probably still be at the body shop.

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Some people on other forums have had their reservations canceled and deposits refunded. Chatter among them seems like a U.S launch might be scrapped.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Some people on other forums have had their reservations canceled and deposits refunded. Chatter among them seems like a U.S launch might be scrapped.
link? I have not seen anything hint of this. Can you define "some people?"

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I just received an email stating pricing will be revealed mid may, order books late may. Not sure where your getting your info.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
VWvortex and guy on offroading facebook page, maybe the same person but who knows.

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/2021-ineos-grenadier.9416995/post-115921796
interesting. I wonder what he means that it should have been shipped to the US already. I ordered day 1 and there has been no indication of deliveries.

His reasoning is merely speculation; Is this guy some sort of jump-the-line-kyle yutubber? Maybe INEOS decided to not send him a spec vehicle for his clicks?

Also, an n-size of one is not enough to make me worry.

Reactions: Rad

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
FWIW the genadier forum shows some delays but all indications show 2023 European deliveries are expected. There was even one for sale on the secondary market.

ZipZamZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have been watching these as well and hope to attend a drive event as well. I love the look of the old defenders and the BMW engine in the Grenadier is so solid!

I have seen video reviews from the European drive events that mention the footwell is oddly angled and gets in the way. Maybe the left hand drive variant doesn't have that issue (if it even exists)? How was the driving position?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
pricing coming s00n!!!

We wanted you to be the first to know – we’re going to reveal the Grenadier launch specification, pricing and planned sales and servicing coverage soon.

As Greg shared in our latest video webinar we’ll publish this important information on our website on May 17th.

So you’ll be able to explore all the Grenadier features, options and accessories you need, as well as a map of where you can expect to buy and service your vehicle.

Then, approximately two weeks later, pre-orders will open. And you’ll have four weeks to send us your final specification.

So, not long to go now. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please get in touch.