Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
HEAR ME OUT...

What if we started a Rivian Exchange Program, vetted through forums or other means, solely for Rivian owners to loan/borrow our beloved vehicles throughout the country? Spitballing here but it would work like:
-A member makes their Rivian available within a reasonable distance of their regional airport
-The days accrued loaning could be used toward borrowing at other locations
-In lieu of using days, you can offer others reasonable non-currency exchanges (leave a decent bourbon in my center console and you get 5 stars)

Yada yada yada, you get to drive a Rivian at your cross-country destination and everybody wins!

Thoughts? Comments? Observations?
I think it’s a fantastic idea. I just so happen to be traveling to Seattle soon as well. Will you be leaving me the fob or adding me as a driver?

PS, you don’t mind if I drive it back to Jersey right?
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Shane aside, using Turo but only renting to other r1t owners is something I would maybe consider. Just not @Dark-Fx .

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m seeing lots of concern about farting as a barrier here. What if we implemented dietary restrictions for the renter? Say, no cheap beer and no Taco Bell?

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I've been loaning my truck out to fellow members for half day adventures and renting on Turo since March here in Charleston SC.

My system is voluntary, but typically involves craft beer and local restaurant gift cards waiting for me when I get in for my next ride.

The experience has been overwhelmingly positive and incredibly rewarding.

Definitely recommend and happy to participate.
Sponsored

Last edited: