I solved the wireless charging problem

Riv3D

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My phone kept sliding around on the charging pad causing the charging to stop so I started thinking of an easy way to fix it. I thought the charging speed was solid so I didn't want to install new magsafe pucks so instead I designed this drop into place adapter to maintain two phones charging vertically on the charging pad

Rivian R1T R1S I solved the wireless charging problem IMG_2634
Rivian R1T R1S I solved the wireless charging problem PXL_20230427_234214962_Original

It worked well and the unit was quite popular so I created another design for larger phones (think iPhone max, Samsung Note, etc) and an Airpod pro adapter, then threw it up on Etsy and a simple website. I host it at Riv3d.com or my Etsy store if anyone is interested.

The phone slots are 3.2" wide and comes in two different lengths. Regular size fits phones up to 6.2" long, while Large size fits fits phones up to 6.8" long.

Please check that your phones charge in this position before purchasing though, some phone/case combos are weird. For such corner cases I designed this horizontal version with the slot coming in at 6.6 inches wide and 3.45 inches tall.

Rivian R1T R1S I solved the wireless charging problem Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 3.21.47 PM

Let me know what you think and if you have any other insert recommendations- designing parts is a hobby of mine.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Riv3D

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Bonus little clip of the 'install'

R1TCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150 GSA
Neat fix! The AirPod case holder is great.
iPhone 14 pro user here.
How would this work since there’s the cameras/lens bump? My current case as a little lip to protect them.

OP
OP

Riv3D

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Neat fix! The AirPod case holder is great.
iPhone 14 pro user here.
How would this work since there’s the cameras/lens bump? My current case as a little lip to protect them.
Thanks! If your phone charges vertically off to the side just like the adapter would hold it then it should work just fine

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Nicely done! I also appreciate the option for AirPods charging.

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I’m happy to see your car charger actually works. My charging pad is dead. I think I’ve heard it activate once for a brief second.

OP
OP

Riv3D

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’m happy to see your car charger actually works. My charging pad is dead. I think I’ve heard it activate once for a brief second.
Yeah this seems to be a problem for some people, sorry to hear it!
Sponsored