Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I too did a thing the other day :D
2022-02-17_09-20.png

This is our first EV, and really loving it!
Love the color! The blue looks on awesome on the Ioniq 5! Congratulations!

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I work for Hyundai/Kia (not directly vehicle related, but Cybersecurity) and seeing the news and people actually getting deliveries is very cool.

I see tons of them in our lot just sitting there (some with camo, some without). From my understanding a lot of these new ones are being prioritized to more local Southern California dealers (where North America HQ is). Don't quote me though. I do know the first Ioniq 5 sold locally in December and there was a big event.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Future R1T owner here. I've had my Ioniq 5 since late December and already put over 2500 miles on it. I'm very happy with my purchase. I do wish it had a rear wiper though as the spray of rain/snow/salt from the rear of the vehicle quickly blocks the view. Once the slow winter DC charging is fixed via update, I will have nothing but great things to say about it. A very roomy, practical car that has a very comfortable and QUIET ride.

Sponsored

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Looks like there's a big overlap between Rivian preorder holders and IONIQ 5 early buyers... :)

Picked up this SEL AWD last week. It's a charging beast and I love the small wagon/big hot hatch looks.

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 IMG_3789 3

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Looks like there's a big overlap between Rivian preorder holders and IONIQ 5 early buyers... :)

Picked up this SEL AWD last week. It's a charging beast and I love the small wagon/big hot hatch looks.

IMG_3789 3.jpg
That’s because Kia and Hyundai knocked it out of the park with these cars! Plus Rivian keeps delaying so people are losing interest after years of waiting. I wouldn’t be surprised if reservation orders have gone down slightly. They need to start getting more trucks and SUVs out to non-employees!

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I work for Hyundai/Kia (not directly vehicle related, but Cybersecurity) and seeing the news and people actually getting deliveries is very cool.

I see tons of them in our lot just sitting there (some with camo, some without). From my understanding a lot of these new ones are being prioritized to more local Southern California dealers (where North America HQ is). Don't quote me though. I do know the first Ioniq 5 sold locally in December and there was a big event.
I reserved a Ioniq 5 and an EV6 on the first day the reservations were opened. Hyundai really dropped the ball as I have tried several times to find out about my delivery status. Kia dealer called in the first US wave of deliveries and its in my garage.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I reserved a Ioniq 5 and an EV6 on the first day the reservations were opened. Hyundai really dropped the ball as I have tried several times to find out about my delivery status. Kia dealer called in the first US wave of deliveries and its in my garage.
Same! Kia‘s system worked much better, it was closer to what you would experience with the Ford Mach E. My Hyundai dealer only contacted me once, and then when they started getting cars in stock they couldn’t even find my reservation, and told me that all their limited trims would have ADM of $7500.
Sponsored