First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
What vehicles did Tesla had there? The Roadster or Semi? Not sure what other new vehicle they are coming out with...
That Bronco looks great!
Tesla had a Model 3 and a Y there, nothing new. The Hummer, Bronco, TRX and Mach 1 all had prototypes, and on Saturday they will auction Vin #001 for each of those to the highest bidder. The companies are donating those vehicles and the money goes to charity. It will be interesting to see which one goes for the most money.

The GMC rep told me they now have 15 vehicles out testing, the one at the show is a hand made version and is not used for testing. The Hummer is definitely a full sized truck, nearly as big as my crew cab GMC Sierra, I think it is just a few inches shorter. The bed is 5x5 with the tailgate up.
Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
That Bronco is really sweet.

I‘m skeptical the Cybertruck as previously unveiled will ever see the light of day. I think it will have a major redesign before it’s produced. Musk said ~ November they would be unveiling the new design ‘in a month or so’ but still crickets.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Tesla had a Model 3 and a Y there, nothing new. The Hummer, Bronco, TRX and Mach 1 all had prototypes, and on Saturday they will auction Vin #001 for each of those to the highest bidder. The companies are donating those vehicles and the money goes to charity. It will be interesting to see which one goes for the most money.

The GMC rep told me they now have 15 vehicles out testing, the one at the show is a hand made version and is not used for testing. The Hummer is definitely a full sized truck, nearly as big as my crew cab GMC Sierra, I think it is just a few inches shorter. The bed is 5x5 with the tailgate up.
Just found this. Looks like they were there too.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I think it looks more like a cross breed between Hummer H1 and Jeep Gladiator, I honestly do not mind it, but that thing will not fit in my garage, and I personally I need a 7 seater SUV.

As for GM reliability, it really depends on the model and year, but generally speaking, the most troublesome components with GM aren't needed in a BV :)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I‘m skeptical the Cybertruck as previously unveiled will ever see the light of day. I think it will have a major redesign before it’s produced. Musk said ~ November they would be unveiling the new design ‘in a month or so’ but still crickets.
I hope Tesla does radically redesign the CT. I might be interested in it if they can design something practical. I have zero interest in what they previously showed off.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I personally I need a 7 seater SUV.
Hummer SUV will be revealed on April 3rd. As for fitting in my garage, it is similar in size to my GMC crew cab, slightly shorter, so no problem for me. At one time I had a Suburban that fit just fine.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

But did either Ford or GM have Engineers and knowledgeable members working their booths as Rivian has had in the past? That is something that I appreciate the most from my 3 events that I have attended.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
But did either Ford or GM have Engineers and knowledgeable members working their booths as Rivian has had in the past? That is something that I appreciate the most from my 3 events that I have attended.
If Rivian isn't operating ANY booths, right now, then Rivian engineers are inaccessible, too.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I did not speak to anyone from Ford, I am not that interested in the Bronco.

I talked to the GMC rep that was there, told him I have a reservation, and got some new info from him. These were a few things he told me, no I cannot confirm they are 100% true.
  • He says the Ultium battery will have an energy density 30% better than Tesla.
  • He said the Hummer, due to its low center of gravity, could climb a 60% grade.
  • He confirmed the 350KW charging.
  • He told me there are 15 vehicles out testing, some are in Arizona (Yuma) for hot weather testing this summer, I have seen videos from the cold weather testing already.
  • The bed width between the wheel wells is 48 inches, I totally believe this, and you can see it is as wide as a full sized Sierra. The width of the Hummer, w/o mirrors is 86 inches.
Rivian R1T R1S HUMMER EV Pickup first official look Hummer_bed

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

If Rivian isn't operating ANY booths, right now, then Rivian engineers are inaccessible, too.
Definitely not my point. At most "car" shows, auto manufacturers have "hired" actors at their booths. Rivian brings engineers who have worked on some aspect of the vehicle. Hopefully, those who have not had the chance to go to an event, as I assume, you haven't, will get the chance. I have been to three and have enjoyed EVERY single one of them. Each one has been informative and it is great to get to know the people working on the R1s.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I talked to the GMC rep that was there, told him I have a reservation, and got some new info from him. These were a few things he told me, no I cannot confirm they are 100% true.
  • He says the Ultium battery will have an energy density 30% better than Tesla.
  • He said the Hummer, due to its low center of gravity, could climb a 60% grade.
  • He confirmed the 350KW charging.
  • He told me there are 15 vehicles out testing, some are in Arizona (Yuma) for hot weather testing this summer, I have seen videos from the cold weather testing already.
  • The bed width between the wheel wells is 48 inches, I totally believe this, and you can see it is as wide as a full sized Sierra. The width of the Hummer, w/o mirrors is 86 inches.
I'm assuming miscommunication on the 60% grade considering 100% grade= 45 degrees of angle and is achievable by autos with respectable off-road credibility.
I'm just not a fan of GM this thing is hideous.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
He says the Ultium battery will have an energy density 30% better than Tesla.
30% better than which Tesla Batteries, is the real question.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I want a Bronco EV built on Rivian tech!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I want a Bronco EV built on Rivian tech!
I've heard (I think from a conversation with CS) that one of the next generations may include an open top design, maybe more like the Jeep. But it makes sense to consider a Bronco-like unit, given their huge popularity.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
The Hummer EV VIN #001 sold for $2.5M, all proceeds going to the Tunnels to Towers Foundation.

The TRX went for $410K, the Mach 1 for $500K. Not sure the Bronco has been up yet.
Sponsored