Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Any thoughts on having another meetup. I am supposed to get delivery tomorrow and would love to share and get some first hand experiences? I know it is still the peak of summer but I would be up for a drive. I am a Galveston county dweller but willing to head into town to be a part of the H-town R1 community.
Congrats on getting your truck! The goal is to have a meet up around the end of every quarter. For the next one, I am tentatively thinking Saturday, September 24th at the same location where we had the second meet up. Deliveries seem to be picking up and it will be great to see even more trucks out next time.

I am thinking of inviting someone from Evolve Houston or Gulf Coast Auto Shield to join us. I am open to any other ideas on who we can invite to discuss EVs, charging, PPF, tinting, etc.
Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Congrats on getting your truck! The goal is to have a meet up around the end of every quarter. For the next one, I am tentatively thinking Saturday, September 24th at the same location where we had the second meet up. Deliveries seem to be picking up and it will be great to see even more trucks out next time.

I am thinking of inviting someone from Evolve Houston or Gulf Coast Auto Shield to join us. I am open to any other ideas on who we can invite to discuss EVs, charging, PPF, tinting, etc.
Early gatherings or late usually? Sadly I’m one of the lucky few that work every weekend for eternity lol. Would be nice to get a houston Rivian club rolling like a previous group I was in (houston viper association)

They would do dinner cruises, holiday gatherings, big summer bbq and crawfish boils, etc. was always a blast.

Seems we are getting quite a few more as deliveries local now. Finally came across my first other Rivian on the road in the woodlands on Tuesday.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
@SecretService Date/time/location is all flexible and I am open to ideas from everyone. I totally agree that we should start discussing a Houston Rivian Club now that deliveries are ramping up.

I have seen a few more R1Ts in the wild too. I saw a couple trucks charging at the EA station at Walmart off Yale. I saw another charging at City Center.

@skyote Have y’all started an Austin club yet? I would love to start a Houston club and then meet up with the Austin club to go off-roading in the hill country.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
@skyote Have y’all started an Austin club yet? I would love to start a Houston club and then meet up with the Austin club to go off-roading in the hill country.
No CenTex club yet, and I'm tapped out on time. If anyone wants to volunteer to lead/organize, let me know.

I do have a cool idea for a hill country-ish even mid October. The barrier is charging, especially for a group.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
No CenTex club yet, and I'm tapped out on time. If anyone wants to volunteer to lead/organize, let me know.

I do have a cool idea for a hill country-ish even mid October. The barrier is charging, especially for a group.
I forgot to say…..Congrats on getting your VIN! I watch the Rivian Stories videos and can’t wait to see your delivery. It is about time R1S deliveries started.

Ohhh….yes! I love the hill country. I am brainstorming on how to build to a club here in Houston, so when you have a route planned and a date/time and don’t mind some of us joining, please let me know and I can check to see who is interested in joining. I don’t plan on having my R1S by then, but I make a trip to Austin every year and need to visit soon.
Sponsored