Houston 2nd Meet Up Saturday, June 25th at 9am Location MKT Heights

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Hey my H-town peeps! We had a great first meet up a few months ago. Three R1T owners came out and gave most of us our first look in person of a R1T. Thanks again to @jimaws, @Dreamwater, and @Voronbrg. I am hoping that we get more trucks out this time since there have been a lot more deliveries in the area.

I am open to suggestions for where we should meet up. Last time, we were in the parking lot at Memorial City Mall and we almost got kicked out by security, so not Memorial City Mall this time.

My recommendation is MKT Heights at 9am. Wherever we do decide to go, I will make sure this time that it is OK for us to gather there.

When: Saturday, June 25th
Where: MKT Heights. https://www.themkt.com/
Address: 600 N Shepherd Drive
Houston, TX 77007
Time: 9:00am

Attendees:
@Dreamwater (truck)
@zen313 (truck)
@Longhorngirl
@KyleJJ06 TBD
@BuzzL8ghtYears TBD (truck)
@BrayBay
@valenrandy
@Voronbrg (truck)

Pic from first meet up. Let me know where y’all would like to meet up this time.
Rivian R1T R1S Houston 2nd Meet Up Saturday, June 25th at 9am Location MKT Heights 60EDFC97-E74B-4204-9F4E-D580A23E0642
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dreamwater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Suburban Z71, 1977 CJ5, 2011 Infinity M37
Date and time work for me and definitely more to share after 3 months of living with the truck.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Yup, I'm down to meet! MKT heights works. There's usually plenty of open parking near the office side.
Looking forward to get your thoughts on tinting the roof and how hot it gets once you get it done. It has been sooooo hot lately.

Agree. Parking near the office side makes sense.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Any more of y’all interested? If so, please reply so I can get a head count.

For those not familiar with MKT Heights, it is a shopping center with retail, office, and dining. There are a couple of free Chargepoint chargers in the parking lot.

Its been really hot lately. Even though we are meeting up at 9am, it is still going to be hot. There are a few places where you can grab a drink. La La Land Cafe has really interesting latte flavors.

Sponsored

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I’m TBD at the moment. No truck yet but delivery window still this year.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm in H Town (well Beaumont) for work currently but I'll be gone by the 25th unfortunately. I might swing by the service center while I'm here though to see if I can check out FG/FE in person.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I'm in H Town (well Beaumont) for work currently but I'll be gone by the 25th unfortunately. I might swing by the service center while I'm here though to see if I can check out FG/FE in person.
Good luck. I have seen forest green in person and it looks really good. If I were getting forest green, I would get forest edge interior. They just seem like they would go together.

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Don't have a Rivian yet, but I definitely would like to meet up at the Heights and get to see one up close in person! I missed the last announcement for the Memorial City mall Meetup, so I'm glad I caught this one.

valenrandy

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition EL 4x4, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Father and I enjoyed the first meetup and the owners were helpful with answering all of our questions. Count me in to attend this one too! Really hoping to see a Limestone or Red colored one!

Sponsored

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
May try and join, depending on schedule. I am in Houston and have a launch green that I could bring.

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Any more of y’all interested? If so, please reply so I can get a head count.

For those not familiar with MKT Heights, it is a shopping center with retail, office, and dining. There are a couple of free Chargepoint chargers in the parking lot.

Its been really hot lately. Even though we are meeting up at 9am, it is still going to be hot. There are a few places where you can grab a drink. La La Land Cafe has really interesting latte flavors.
May try and join, depending on schedule. I am in Houston and have a launch green that I could bring. Service may request the truck at this point to fix a few minor issues

zen313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just a heads up, I was contacted by a member from the NRG Energy EV research department (a neighbor sent them a pic), and so I invited them to the meet up. They will be there for research purposes on user charging habits, etc. Should be interesting.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I have circled in red where we will be in the parking lot. This part of the parking lot should be empty as this is office parking. I will try to be there early and will be in a silver Highlander. See y’all next Saturday the 25th!

FYI. Please feel free to share with others that may be interested.

Rivian R1T R1S Houston 2nd Meet Up Saturday, June 25th at 9am Location MKT Heights 2823B748-88BB-4926-A25E-F21D5E13D656

Last edited:

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
I have circled in red where we will be in the parking lot. This part of the parking lot should be empty as this is office parking. I will try to be there early and will be in a silver Highlander. See y’all tomorrow morning.
I thought this was Saturday the 25th?
Sponsored