Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I checked with property management to get approval of meeting up this Saturday In the MKT Heights parking lot. I was told that we can meet up as long as we are customers, so I encourage everyone to please grab a coffee/tea at La La Land or whatever food/drink establishment you choose. See yā€™all tomorrow!

zen313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I checked with property management to get approval of meeting up this Saturday In the MKT Heights parking lot. I was told that we can meet up as long as we are customers, so I encourage everyone to please grab a coffee/tea at La La Land or whatever food/drink establishment you choose. See yā€™all tomorrow!
Definitely, We're having brunch at 10am at Homestead!

Sponsored

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Nice hanging with y'all today! Great location too. Shout out to @Voronbrg for the short but sweet test ride.

Looking forward to the next meet up, hopefully I'll contribute with an R1S soonšŸ¤ž

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Good meet up today. Not the best pic as Kevinā€˜s Rivian blue is hidden. If anyone has a better pic, please feel free to post. See yaā€™ll next time. And thanks for the test drive @Dreamwater!
Rivian R1T R1S Houston 2nd Meet Up Saturday, June 25th at 9am Location MKT Heights 70D375D8-754D-41BB-92E5-333439A850ED

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

OMG! How did I miss this thread completely :(

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
OMG! How did I miss this thread completely :(
We missed you! We will be planning another meet up next quarter. It will interesting to see if anyone gets/brings a R1S next time.

Have you received your updated R1S delivery estimate? I havenā€™t.

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

We missed you! We will be planning another meet up next quarter. It will interesting to see if anyone gets/brings a R1S next time.

Have you received your updated R1S delivery estimate? I havenā€™t.

My window last updated is September- December 2022.

Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22ā€ black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Having a hell of a time finding a quality electrician here in the houston area to install my wall chargerā€¦ feels like these guys wonā€™t give any quote until they can come scope out your house/neighborhood and see how much they think they can gouge you forā€¦ first guy told me he needed to rewire my entire breaker because house was outdated (itā€™s 2 years oldā€¦..) and second guy came out today and told me 1600$

I already have the bigger wiring ran from the breaker to 220 outlets I had used in a previous ev so I would think I just need the breaker upgraded to 50 amp (I think itā€™s only 30 right now) and then hardwiring the wall charger is pretty straight forwardā€¦

Any referrals from other rivian locals?

blkfxstc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Having a hell of a time finding a quality electrician here in the houston area to install my wall chargerā€¦ feels like these guys wonā€™t give any quote until they can come scope out your house/neighborhood and see how much they think they can gouge you forā€¦ first guy told me he needed to rewire my entire breaker because house was outdated (itā€™s 2 years oldā€¦..) and second guy came out today and told me 1600$

I already have the bigger wiring ran from the breaker to 220 outlets I had used in a previous ev so I would think I just need the breaker upgraded to 50 amp (I think itā€™s only 30 right now) and then hardwiring the wall charger is pretty straight forwardā€¦

Your 30amp circuits most likely only support 30 amps, do not switch to a 50a breaker, the wire is not sized correctly. I did mine myself, so unfortunately I donā€™t have a recommendation for you. Good luck.

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything

I did mine myself. Check what gauge wire was run first before you swap out breakers. Also, if you are limited to the gauge wire just setup the car and evse to run at a lower amps. It'll charge slower but this way won't cost anything.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22ā€ black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
I did mine myself. Check what gauge wire was run first before you swap out breakers. Also, if you are limited to the gauge wire just setup the car and evse to run at a lower amps. It'll charge slower but this way won't cost anything.
Thanks yā€™all. Wall charger is all hooked up and rolling. Excited to see when the next meet up is and get a few more Rivians together. Still havenā€™t come across another while driving yet.

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Any thoughts on having another meetup. I am supposed to get delivery tomorrow and would love to share and get some first hand experiences? I know it is still the peak of summer but I would be up for a drive. I am a Galveston county dweller but willing to head into town to be a part of the H-town R1 community.
Sponsored