Sponsored

Horrible customer service - Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

llcsf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
I have had an R1S on order now for almost 2 1/2 years. My Rivian app now shows a delivery of August-September 2023. I received a call two days ago from the Rivian Customer Engagement Center (maybe a misnomer) from someone named Tyler. Tyler left a message saying that there were some vehicles available (though not my configuration) and to call him back to discuss. That was Wednesday. So yesterday morning I called back and waited on hold for more than 30 minutes. When the call was finally answered, the person I spoke with said that I needed to speak with Tyler and he was out for the day. She said I should call back the next day (today which is Friday) or respond to the email he sent. But he did not send an email. I checked all my email and my spam folder and there was nothing from Rivian. I also double checked on my app to make sure they had the correct email - which they did. So today I called back and waited on hold almost 1 hour for someone to take the call. When my call did get answered, the person I spoke with told me that the vehicles that had been available had now been taken. Interesting how today I didn't have to speak to Tyler. At this point I have been waiting so long that I am happy to just wait until September to get the configuration I ordered. But Rivian just waisted a bunch of my time. Hope I get better service in the future.
good luck it doesn't get any better...they assigned me a Guide when I got my R1T and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how tp do email since it takes days for him to answer the email if he answers it at all...I have requested a new Guide several times and the people you make requests to don't seem to hear it at all even though they say they will assign a new Guide...and if you send a message to Support 11 times out of 10 you will get a bot answer which says nothing...
Sponsored

OtterTruck

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer/Gramma/Dreamer
I have had an R1S on order now for almost 2 1/2 years. My Rivian app now shows a delivery of August-September 2023. I received a call two days ago from the Rivian Customer Engagement Center (maybe a misnomer) from someone named Tyler. Tyler left a message saying that there were some vehicles available (though not my configuration) and to call him back to discuss. That was Wednesday. So yesterday morning I called back and waited on hold for more than 30 minutes. When the call was finally answered, the person I spoke with said that I needed to speak with Tyler and he was out for the day. She said I should call back the next day (today which is Friday) or respond to the email he sent. But he did not send an email. I checked all my email and my spam folder and there was nothing from Rivian. I also double checked on my app to make sure they had the correct email - which they did. So today I called back and waited on hold almost 1 hour for someone to take the call. When my call did get answered, the person I spoke with told me that the vehicles that had been available had now been taken. Interesting how today I didn't have to speak to Tyler. At this point I have been waiting so long that I am happy to just wait until September to get the configuration I ordered. But Rivian just waisted a bunch of my time. Hope I get better service in the future.
I wish I was retired... 6 months to go! I want to say, Ihave enjoyed every conversation with customer service at Rivian since I put my $1000. deposit down years ago. I know it is hard to wait for something, it takes away from the excitement level... but honey, you have all the time in the world to chat with folks. Enjoy that, while you wait. I do hope you get your vehicle soon, you are going to LOVE it. Also, at your age, you might remember that the Sci Fi movies and books we enjoyed in our youth, promised us all HOVER CRAFT by now... remember??? Flying hover cars. The fact I can go from 0 to infinity in 3 seconds, combined with an occasional charge in my garage, rather than lining up with the gas guzzlers, well, it was worth the wait. ( Almost 2 yrs.) So keep the faith, and keep up the excitement. You are going to be so pleasantly surprised with this vehicle... It is awesome! Hugs, OtterTruck in Oregon

OtterTruck

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
good luck it doesn't get any better...they assigned me a Guide when I got my R1T and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how tp do email since it takes days for him to answer the email if he answers it at all...I have requested a new Guide several times and the people you make requests to don't seem to hear it at all even though they say they will assign a new Guide...and if you send a message to Support 11 times out of 10 you will get a bot answer which says nothing...
Negative Nate, Gramma says "breathe, be patient and understand your guide is trying to get to everyone. " Sweetheart, this is a HUGE new company, with gentle growing pains ( I own stock, tell me about it... LOL!!!) but try not to take it personally. I am on Guide #2, and he's doing his best to live up to Dan... my 1st guide. That is quite the feat... I adore Dan. He's doing great so far. You might imagine with the negativity you spread, that all the other guides went " oh no, not me, pick someone else..." So, breathe for me. Then start over, with a bright new attitude, and see what all those good feelings and happy aura bring your way. Wag more, bark less. Hugs to you from R1T OtterTruck... aka Gramma

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
This is a very old, very dead thread, posted by an OP who apparently received his R1S back in September 2023. Why are we reviving it?

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I think @OtterTruck , as a new member, didnt realize it was old, and was responding to it..

Just an opinion...

Sponsored

OtterTruck

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
I think @OtterTruck , as a new member, didnt realize it was old, and was responding to it..

Just an opinion...
You are correct sir! I will pay more attention to dates. I simply want to add my truck to the received list, and seem to be failing miserably.... Gramma loves you.

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE