Sponsored

Holy Bluetooth profiles batman!

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I don't know if you guys have looked at how many separate Bluetooth connections the car maintains with your phone, but it's a crazy amount. And even though I'm a fair distance from the car while I'm at home, several of them stay connected long after I've left the car. In fact some of them never disconnect. Hopefully they address this soon cause the truck always seems to think I'm nearby. There are 6 separate profiles connected and there is yet another one not shown below for the removeable speaker. It's nuts!

Rivian R1T R1S Holy Bluetooth profiles batman! IMG-4331
Sponsored

whereismyr1t

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
I don't know if you guys have looked at how many separate Bluetooth connections the car maintains with your phone, but it's a crazy amount. And even though I'm a fair distance from the car while I'm at home, several of them stay connected long after I've left the car. In fact some of them never disconnect. Hopefully they address this soon cause the truck always seems to think I'm nearby. There are 6 separate profiles connected and there is yet another one not shown below for the removeable speaker. It's nuts!

IMG-4331.jpg
I just have 1 RIVN and 1 Rivian Audio profile.

whereismyr1t

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
iphone 13

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

iphone 13
Hmmm! I wonder what the heck is happening with mine! I just got the truck yesterday and went through the setup process with the rep at the delivery center so I can't imagine I did something wrong here. I'll restart my phone and see if it gets better. It's possible your phone is somehow consolidating them into one? Dunno. But either way I think this could explain the phone battery usage issue that is posted in this forum.

Sponsored

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I had a similar thing on my polestar. I unpaired and forgot all Bluetooth connections and reset the head unit… now I only have two. I assume one is for the digital key and the other is for phone and media.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I had a similar thing on my polestar. I unpaired and forgot all Bluetooth connections and reset the head unit… now I only have two. I assume one is for the digital key and the other is for phone and media.
I have one for the Camp Speaker too.

whereismyr1t

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
For me app battery issue was that it app was set to allow to use Location always. Changing that to "While Using" solved the issue. Phone uses bluetooth for lock and unlock so turning off location services does not affect the key function.

mmdavis174

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hmmm! I wonder what the heck is happening with mine! I just got the truck yesterday and went through the setup process with the rep at the delivery center so I can't imagine I did something wrong here. I'll restart my phone and see if it gets better. It's possible your phone is somehow consolidating them into one? Dunno. But either way I think this could explain the phone battery usage issue that is posted in this forum.
I took delivery yesterday too and was told the multiple connections would merge into one. My phone shows just one now but started out the same way yours did.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I took delivery yesterday too and was told the multiple connections would merge into one. My phone shows just one now but started out the same way yours did.
I deleted the only profile it would let me delete. which obviously disconnected the key as well. I had to then remove my phone key from the app and re-add it. once I did that I still saw several profiles, but then I turned bluetooth off and on (on my phone) and it reduced the number of connections to 2 + 1 for audio + 1 for the camp speaker. So I went from 7 to 4. That's an improvement for sure.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I also show 4 RIVN bluetooth connections plus Rivian Audio and Rivian Camp Speaker on my phone. iPhone 13 pro.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I also show 4 RIVN bluetooth connections plus Rivian Audio and Rivian Camp Speaker on my phone. iPhone 13 pro.
Okay! Glad I'm not the only one. See my previous comment. I reduced the number :) but still more than necessary IMO.

jrgutier

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

For me app battery issue was that it app was set to allow to use Location always. Changing that to "While Using" solved the issue. Phone uses bluetooth for lock and unlock so turning off location services does not affect the key function.
The location services is used so that your phone will keep the app alive to be able to proximity unlock.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
The location services is used so that your phone will keep the app alive to be able to proximity unlock.
No. It's for mapping charge stations. I've confirmed multiple times that PaaK works fine without location services enabled.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Same. But my PAAK on the polestar is glitchy.
Sponsored