Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

While I don't blame people for taking deliveries when they can get them, I also think Rivian may further alienate some of their customers that have had earlier preorders if the tax credits change. If someone take delivery in 2022 it could be a swing of $7500 if they take delivery in January 2023, and it is completely out of the customers control.
probably going to be an $11.5k swing for me. Even though they say Oct-Nov, I expect that to be pushed back to Jan-Mar. 4k for the IL state and then $7500 for the fed.

Seeing threads like these is just so disappointing.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

probably going to be an $11.5k swing for me. Even though they say Oct-Nov, I expect that to be pushed back to Jan-Mar. 4k for the IL state and then $7500 for the fed.

Seeing threads like these is just so disappointing.
Worth every penny

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Worth every penny
Agreed. Don’t get me wrong the tax credits are great, but I don’t think we ordered a Rivian just for that. Genuinely excited about the car itself!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Agreed. Don’t get me wrong the tax credits are great, but I don’t think we ordered a Rivian just for that. Genuinely excited about the car itself!
U won the lottery man

kucanhead

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, RDX
Occupation
Software Engineer
Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I happened to be in the Caribbean on a cruise when I got the voicemail, so I had to wait several days until we returned to call back. Switched to 21s and got assigned a truck. I guess it's a short list for the CY/FE combo!

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I happened to be in the Caribbean on a cruise when I got the voicemail, so I had to wait several days until we returned to call back. Switched to 21s and got assigned a truck. I guess it's a short list for the CY/FE combo!
Awesome congrats as well! When do you take delivery?

kucanhead

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, RDX
Occupation
Software Engineer
Awesome congrats as well! When do you take delivery?
No idea. It’s “in transit”. Maybe I need to take a trip to the service center and see if any CY/FE trucks are hanging out…

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
While I understand why many here will be pissed off to hear this, I am happy that Rivian is being proactive on getting combinations out the door to people who have a configuration very similar to something that doesn't have a home (apparently).
Post some pics when you get it....you can rub it in the face of those say ing you are a troll :D

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
Let me preface this by saying I do have a rare combination - compass yellow with FE.

I preordered in January 22 with the black 20in. Got a random call on Monday saying that I could take delivery in 4-5 weeks if I swapped to the 21s. I couldn’t refuse getting it sooner and I’m super excited to Rivian fam officially!
Wow! They actually called you about a switch?! Maybe this is a new approach for Rivian to get the trucks out faster?

Sponsored

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Let me preface this by saying I do have a rare combination - compass yellow with FE.

I preordered in January 22 with the black 20in. Got a random call on Monday saying that I could take delivery in 4-5 weeks if I swapped to the 21s. I couldn’t refuse getting it sooner and I’m super excited to Rivian fam officially!

This is awesome! Congrats!

I more or less got the same call 10 weeks ago. Still waiting...

Aubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
I was in the same boat with the 20'' AT. I switched to 21's and was assigned a guide 3 days later.

I figured the $1800 can buy a new set of 20'' wheels and just replace the 21'' road tires with 20'' AT in the future once they're worn.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

Have to imagine that the color combination had something to do with it. I wouldn't choose it, but more power to you. I think someone at motortrend called it a spinach omelette but I like avocado omelette better :).

Powdercoat the 21's and you'll be in the business.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I was in the same boat with the 20'' AT. I switched to 21's and was assigned a guide 3 days later.

I figured the $1800 can buy a new set of 20'' wheels and just replace the 21'' road tires with 20'' AT in the future once they're worn.
I don't think $1800 (~$450/ea) will buy a new set of 20" wheels for this vehicle. It is simply too heavy and a very odd offset. I would guess $3k for wheels only (~$700 range/ ea) at some point, but we have not yet seen even those numbers. Add another $1200 or so for tires.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
I just received an email to confirm my configuration as my R1t is ready to be built as I ordered except I switched to the 21" road wheels, anyone know the ETA once you confirm config?
Sponsored