harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Sounds like you are dealing with similar issues as me. I also have an early VIN 3K. I did everything you did to lower the door as well, but still did not have enough clearance. I think it's definitely an early Rivian production issue. I have one door that is perfectly level when opening, and the other that is way out of level. Really want this to work because the product looks awesome.

Last edited:

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a 57xx VIN and should hopefully be getting my sled next month. Hopefully I don't have the issue, but we'll see.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Great thread, really appreciate seeing the manufacturer is already being proactive and posting a video about it. Hope y'all get it resolved soon. This item is definitely on my "Christmas list", hopefully no issues when I order mine. (much later VIN, 19xxx, fwiw).

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sounds like you are dealing with similar issues as me. I also have an early VIN 3K. I did everything you did to lower the door as well, but still did not have enough clearance. I think it's definitely an early Rivian production issue. I have one door that is perfectly level when opening, and the other that is way out of level. Really want this to work because the product looks awesome.
Standby for solutions, I'm working with @EV Sportline engineering team for tweaks and solutions. I'll tinker more after work this afternoon.

I'll say their team has been great so far! I was just really bitter last night, moreso with the door, not the product.

Sponsored

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standby for solutions, I'm working with @EV Sportline engineering team for tweaks and solutions. I'll tinker more after work this afternoon.

I'll say their team has been great so far! I was just really bitter last night, moreso with the door, not the product.
Exactly how I feel. They have been wonderful to deal with. I was pretty frustrated after spending 3 hours removing and replacing (and breaking some trim clips) the trim with no luck as well. I just am about to be gone traveling for a few weeks and have no more time at the moment to dedicate to it. Please keep us (and me :) updated with any progress. My wife loves to point out that I'm like a beta tester for all new products. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Exactly how I feel. They have been wonderful to deal with. I was pretty frustrated after spending 3 hours removing and replacing (and breaking some trim clips) the trim with no luck as well. I just am about to be gone traveling for a few weeks and have no more time at the moment to dedicate to it. Please keep us (and me :) updated with any progress. My wife loves to point out that I'm like a beta tester for all new products. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
Hahaha ditto! Mine gave me the glare when she pulled in after Puppy Practice last night, and again when I went in for a drink then back out to finish.

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hahaha ditto! Mine gave me the glare when she pulled in after Puppy Practice last night, and again when I went in for a drink then back out to finish.
I'm just curious... Are you having issues with both sides or just one? Mine is only the passenger gear door. As you can see below, it's just not level and starts hitting the door about mid way out. And like you said, shimming one side then creates the issue on the other side.... and shimming too much decreases overall clearance at the top...

Rivian R1T R1S Help with EV Sportline Sled Install IMG_2942
Rivian R1T R1S Help with EV Sportline Sled Install IMG_2943

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm just curious... Are you having issues with both sides or just one? Mine is only the passenger gear door. As you can see below, it's just not level and starts hitting the door about mid way out. And like you said, shimming one side then creates the issue on the other side.... and shimming too much decreases overall clearance at the top...

IMG_2942.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg
Interesting, both sides scraped and passenger side was definitely the greater offender, but not that bad. With the washers, driver side is good now, but it somehow made passenger side worse.

Again, I've got tinkering instructions and will follow-up later.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

@harkco SOLUTION FOUND!

@EV Sportline engineers tested putting washers between the slides, bottom bolts only. (Does this make sense? There are 4 connecting the slides, put it between the slide plates and only the bottom 2).

THERE'S SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!

Rivian R1T R1S Help with EV Sportline Sled Install 1000010672

Rivian R1T R1S Help with EV Sportline Sled Install 1000010673

Sponsored

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@harkco SOLUTION FOUND!

@EV Sportline engineers tested putting washers between the slides, bottom bolts only. (Does this make sense? There are 4 connecting the slides, put it between the slide plates and only the bottom 2).

THERE'S SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!

1000010672.png

1000010673.png
How many washers between each slide? Also, are you still shimming up the end as well? If so, how much? I need about an inch more of clearance. My slide won’t even get halfway over the door.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

How many washers between each slide? Also, are you still shimming up the end as well? If so, how much? I need about an inch more of clearance. My slide won’t even get halfway over the door.
Yikes, is it just your passenger door still being stubborn? I check the level on both of mine, they tilt slightly up, bubble still between the lines but leaning out. Nothing like yours, bubble all the way out.

I put one washer between each slide screw. I left the shimmy washers (2 under each screw one side, 1 under each screw the other side) for now, but will likely remove them. The middle washers did WAY more than shimmies.
Sponsored