Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Hey, hoping someone could help here, trying to avoid the SC visit. The app said my passenger window was open so I tried to calibrate it per the procedure. It won’t go down all the way (see pic/video) and when it goes up it goes up all the way the lowers halfway. About to do an infotainment reset to try and fix this and an issue with my gear guard not saving videos.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Infotainment reset fixed my gear guard not recording issue but the window is still the same.

I can manually raise it all the way by not using the express close button (hitting the button halfway) but I can’t open it more than what is in the video in either mode. I’ve tried different variations of the calibration but nothing seems to be working. Have an appointment for end of March, hopefully someone experienced this and has a quick fix.

eKit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Awhile back I had a similar problem where one windows was showing in the app as open. I fixed it using the window calibration in the RiDE menu. There is a thread on how to get RiDE menu somewhere.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks, I’ll poke around or try or get them to do a mobile visit. Tried all the various resets/sleeps/calibration.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Tried all the resets and calibration, both down then up and up then down. Nothing worked. Ended up accessing the RiDE menu (cautiously) and ran the FR window calibration and they fixed it.

Sponsored

rockandrollray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Television Editor
Clubs

Hey, hoping someone could help here, trying to avoid the SC visit. The app said my passenger window was open so I tried to calibrate it per the procedure. It won’t go down all the way (see pic/video) and when it goes up it goes up all the way the lowers halfway. About to do an infotainment reset to try and fix this and an issue with my gear guard not saving videos.

I had this issue on a road trip and Rivian Service called me and told me to do the 2nd Window Calibration. This fixed my issue.
See instructions below.

Rivian R1S: Window Calibration Reset #2

Restart Vehicle:

Hold Left button on Steering Wheel & Hazard Button for 15 Seconds
(Will start and restart multiple times / wait til LTE returns after final start)

Push Individual Window button down “HALF WAY” for 10 Seconds

Push Individual Window button up “HALFWAY” for 10 Seconds

Push Individual Window button ALL THE WAY down for 15 Seconds

Push Individual Window button ALL THE WAY up for 30 Seconds

Full calibration for the specific window should be done, do the same for the other windows if there’s an issue.

rockandrollray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Television Editor
Clubs

I had this issue on a road trip and Rivian Service called me and told me to do the 2nd Window Calibration. This fixed my issue.
See instructions below.

Restart Vehicle:

(Will start and restart multiple times / wait til LTE returns after final start)

Full calibration for the specific window should be done, do the same for the other windows if there’s an issue.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

See instructions below.

Restart Vehicle:

Thank you, will definitely try this way if it happens again.

gvtucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

See instructions below.

Restart Vehicle:

Thanks for this info. I've had this issue for several months with my R1T driver's side window, and Rivian did not give me this suggestion. They only had me reset the windows as stated in the Owner's Manual. The note to push it down Halfway was never suggested. They've only said that I could bring it in to the Service Center if I wanted it fixed. (And given the 3 hour drive, I'm not doing it for a small issue like this.)

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

The RR windows on my R1T was doing this. The only thing that fixed it was using the RIDE menu and doing window calibration for the RR window in there. Once I did that the problem resolved immediately.

Resets and the button based calibrations didn't work for me.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The RR windows on my R1T was doing this. The only thing that fixed it was using the RIDE menu and doing window calibration for the RR window in there. Once I did that the problem resolved immediately.

Resets and the button based calibrations didn't work for me.
Same, RiDE menu fixed it quickly
Sponsored