Hello

13sinned

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Hi I'm Dennis, Both excited being a member and new owner of R1S. I have done the docs and Im on my way to the bank later to get a cashier's check for payment. I tried looking for a topic regarding Xpel. I ordered one to be installed but was not including in my transaction list. I texte my guide and he said they removed the xpel installation from the factory because it was creating delays on the orders. But he said that xpel is going to contact me for installation and $1,500 price will still be honored.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Welcome!

If you do a title search for "PPF" you will probably find more results but "Xpel" should also come up if you do a title search. The search function is a mixed bag.

I think most people would say that you could get as good or better results by spending your $1500 on other brands of PPF, but that is really for you to decide. I also had the factory PPF included in my original order simply for the convenience of it, but it got removed from my order and 7 months after delivery I still haven't had PPF added, so I'm not too worried about it.

OP
OP

13sinned

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Hello Brian, thanks for the warm welcome! Did xpel called you after delivery for the installation? That's what my guide told me when I asked him the timeline when xpel will reach out.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Hello Brian, thanks for the warm welcome! Did xpel called you after delivery for the installation? That's what my guide told me when I asked him the timeline when xpel will reach out.
I did not even get that far. Once Rivian removed it from my order, I did not follow through to get set up with Xpel to continue the process. For me the convenience factor was gone at that point and I figured I could get $1500 of equally good or better PPF at many different shops.

I know there have been some folks here that went through the process like you and got the discounted pricing but I don't recall any specific threads here where they shared their thoughts about it.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Hi I'm Dennis, Both excited being a member and new owner of R1S. I have done the docs and Im on my way to the bank later to get a cashier's check for payment. I tried looking for a topic regarding Xpel. I ordered one to be installed but was not including in my transaction list. I texte my guide and he said they removed the xpel installation from the factory because it was creating delays on the orders. But he said that xpel is going to contact me for installation and $1,500 price will still be honored.
FWIW- I would not get Xpel from the factory. Have a local reputable shop do it. That way if any panels go wrong you have someone to bring it to.

Where are you at in CA? I got my front clip done for a great price (close to Rivian's price) in south orange county.

Best,

Sponsored

OP
OP

13sinned

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
COdogman,
Thanks, I see majority prefers aftermarket install. I'll check with my previous installer hoping he's still in business. It's been a decade last time I saw him.

Mabowden,
Thanks! Main reason I wanted Rivian to install the ppf so it will be fresh from the factory and avoid possible chipping when transported. But how the things going I will follow the advice of getting it elsewhere. Im here in NorCal @ Hollister.

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
Welcome! Rivian has partnered with local shops to do the ppf they are advertising. I called a local shop in my area and he told me he is the official ppf shop for Rivian in our area. Like everyone else said, if itā€™s not coming factory applied then you will have better luck shopping locally.

OP
OP

13sinned

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Welcome! Rivian has partnered with local shops to do the ppf they are advertising. I called a local shop in my area and he told me he is the official ppf shop for Rivian in our area. Like everyone else said, if itā€™s not coming factory applied then you will have better luck shopping locally.
Thanks! I'll check around for Rivian affiliated ppf shops. I called my friend the other day and he has a ppf installer who charges $1,750 cash that includes headlights and mirrors. They guarantee the work too for peels, bubbles and yellowing.

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technology
Thanks! I'll check around for Rivian affiliated ppf shops. I called my friend the other day and he has a ppf installer who charges $1,750 cash that includes headlights and mirrors. They guarantee the work too for peels, bubbles and yellowing.
Woah! Iā€™m gonna guess thatā€™s just front end exposed areas, at that price. If itā€™s more, let me know who the installer is, if be interested.

Sponsored

OP
OP

13sinned

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Woah! Iā€™m gonna guess thatā€™s just front end exposed areas, at that price. If itā€™s more, let me know who the installer is, if be interested.
Just the front end. I asked about the xpel stealth, for an SUV its $13K :surprised:

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Just want to say Welcome to the community!

I have nothing to add about your xpel issue - Other members have provided the options you can choose

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technology
Just the front end. I asked about the xpel stealth, for an SUV its $13K :surprised:
Wow, that is the highest price Iā€™ve heard. Iā€™m pretty sure when I talked to the guy here, he mentioned around 8k, but maybe it wasnā€™t Xpel Stealth.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs