Sponsored

Have any new owners of a Dual Max R1T posted about their experiences yet?

gordonrands

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius Plug-in hybrid, 1997 Dodge Dakota
Occupation
university professor
Clubs

I haven't seen anything and can't find anything using the search function. Lookin g for info on the regular Dual, not the Dual Performance.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Miss Go Electric has been sharing her experience on X but not much else. Performance and standard dual motor max pack should be the same in all purpose mode.

Sponsored

booslim45

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just picked mine up on Saturday and will be attempting my first towing test in the next couple of weeks.
I noticed you are in Philly. Can I come for a ride? I am trying to decide between a dual motor and a dual motor performance. I asked the guide about horsepower and torque but they don't even know if all of the power is available in all-purpose mode or if you need sports mode. Trying to keep the price under $80K for tax credit but I really want the 20" rims and max pack. I can DM you.

R1-T1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I noticed you are in Philly. Can I come for a ride? I am trying to decide between a dual motor and a dual motor performance. I asked the guide about horsepower and torque but they don't even know if all of the power is available in all-purpose mode or if you need sports mode. Trying to keep the price under $80K for tax credit but I really want the 20" rims and max pack. I can DM you.
Sure, where are you located

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Rivian in CO

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024; Honda Element 2008
Occupation
IT stuff
Resurrecting this thread after it's been idle for a few weeks. Any updates from Max owners on their real-world range?

Sponsored

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Nothing scientific to report, but Large Charge Marge, an R1T max dual (not performance) made it from IL to CO just now. We used ABRP to pick the chargers and duration. I had it set for quickest arrival.

Marge does not seem to suffer from the high altitude, unlike SOME people (aka, me).

I should have paid more attention during the drive, but we were more interested in just getting to CO. Didn’t want to miss an adorable grandkid’s bday.

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Some stats on Large Charge Marge in All Purpose mode, cabin climate Auto 66° (ETA: no appreciable wind on either trip)…

Start TempEnd TempMilesAve MPHMi/kWhkWhElevation ChangeTrip Duration
3234324784-330641 min
343234.2441.5722330046 min

Last edited:

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Clubs

On December 21 and 22, Large Charge Marge (dual max R1T) took a trip from central Illinois to the Front Range Mountains 45 min from Denver, mostly on I-80. She spent one night at a hotel in North Platte, NE, not plugged in.

Temp range over the two days was 25° to 57° with warmer temps near Denver on day 2. Cabin temps ranged from 66° to 68° depending on how cold the elderly occupants got. (Overnight at the hotel, the outside temp was in the low to mid 20s. Gear Guard was on.)

Top speed was 80 mph, but most driving was a few miles above speed limit.

Not much wind in any direction.

MileageAve MPHTrip DurationMi/kWhElev Change (ft)kWh
1072.56516h 28m2.018001538

Marge unhappily spotted only one other Rivian the whole way.

ABRP seems to have the stats pretty well set for the Max Pack. We used it for routing and choosing chargers, and the battery percent it stated for arrival during planning was pretty darn close to our actual arrival percentage. (I pay for the premium version so the weather is taken into account.)

Side notes: Highway Assist stopped working in the middle of Nebraska, and a soft reset didn't fix it. So we tried a hard reset, and finally Marge was back to self-driving mode! In general, Marge seems remarkably well-behaved and has none of the issues I've seen written mentioned on these forums. Fit and finish are excellent; heat works great, etc.
Sponsored