Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Not sure about the Hans show
But I went with the BestEvMod and it’s great
It’s mesh with a magnetic black and reflective panel you can put between it and the glass

also worth mentioning they have a grey option that is close to the OC interior
Thanks. I’ll roll the dice and order one

OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it takes about 10 minutes because you have to position the clips. After the initial install, taking it in and out is fast like you described. I just want to hear whether it is infact a mesh weave that let's light through or a solid shade.
It’s solid. Light does not come through.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it completely black or mesh? Their site shows the shade as being mesh. Too bad they don’t have rear glass shades. thanks.
It’s black, not mesh

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So after considering getting the R1S roof tinted with the Xpel XR Plus, $400, I went with this cheaper option. I really just need it for 4months out of the yr.

What: Hansshow Rivian R1s Sunshade - $59 - took 2wks to arrive
https://www.hautopart.com/products/...MN68hit00frT99tH2su-lFp0KadWpZb4aAhObEALw_wcB

Why: Stock tint is not enough to keep Texas sun/heat out. I actually feel my head getting warmer as I drive down the street.

How: Installation took 10mins or so. Make sure to use the clips it comes with. Shiny side goes up, meaning it looks out at the sun. Also there is a tag on it, that side faces towards tailgate.

Note: this is for the main panaroof, rear one is not included and don't think they make one yet.

Overall happy with look and install. Will continue to test it out on drives and report back.
Thanks for posting. Our R1S should be here in next couple of weeks (Houston). Did you get heat blocking tint on the windshield / front windows? I am trying to figure out my tinting strategy. The Model 3 Glass roof has been fine for me here in Texas over past five years, but windshield and side windows need something. Not sure about Rivian?

OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for posting. Our R1S should be here in next couple of weeks (Houston). Did you get heat blocking tint on the windshield / front windows? I am trying to figure out my tinting strategy. The Model 3 Glass roof has been fine for me here in Texas over past five years, but windshield and side windows need something. Not sure about Rivian?
I got Xpel XR Plus(98% IR) on all windows including rear gate window.

I did not do windshield or roof.

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T, R1S
Occupation
Physician
Looks good. I sat in an r1s for the first time and could feel the heat and I'm in DC, not Texas, so I imagine you were boiling.

You say install was 10 minutes. Is that first time, like do you think this is something you would take out if it were overcast and out back in when it's sunny? or is it a pain in the ass and your only going to put it in once and leave it in seasonally? I bought sun shades for my wifes model x and they go in and out pretty easily.
I leave my R1S outside at my office all day and was very surprised that the heat does not come through the roof as I had anticipated. I live in SW Florida, it's been over 100 degrees for the past 2 weeks and people who have been in the car say similar things. Everyone who rides with me seems to put their hand up to the glass and says the same thing. Not much heat comes through, yes warm to touch but definitely not hot. Mine is a 2023. Perhaps they've improved the thermal reflection? My buddy has the R1T and went to his tint guy for the side windows. When he asked about the top glass the guy said not to bother, that the glass they're using is like Tesla's and works very well as reducing thermal load.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
It’s black, not mesh
Are you sure that the silver portion doesn’t separate from the black portion to allow it to be opaque?

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
There is another option by evsportline for the r1s

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I got Xpel XR Plus(98% IR) on all windows including rear gate window.

I did not do windshield or roof.
I think the windshield and roof are the two main sources of heat entering the car. I had both done with the two front windows and it helped a lot

OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the windshield and roof are the two main sources of heat entering the car. I had both done with the two front windows and it helped a lot
I'm sure that ran you $800+?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
OP
OP
Batman

Batman