First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
I got my adapter a few weeks ago and been wanting to try it out before I actually need it on a road trip. The supercharger network had never let me down with my Tesla MS so I was anxious when superchargers opened up for Rivian.

First note to self is don't hit Park Meadows Mall at 7PM on Saturday..... Packed with Teslas! so I drove .5 miles across the street to the Centennial Supercharger. Charger 3D was open and on the end so I would not take 2 valuable parking spots to charge my T. I hooked up the adapter and plugged it in, stepped back in the truck and it was already charging...Lots of Tesla driver looking my way... My phone buzzed and showed I had a $25 Rivian charge on my CC..... in 10 Minutes I had gained 70 miles.......I'm thrilled with this added charging option.

1 small problem was after I stopped charging and pulled the cable, I could not get the adapter to release from the Tesla cable. I pressed the release and pulled hard with no movement.......No way was I leaving the adapter after waiting so long for it. After a few tries and a lot of pulling, it did relinquish the connection....

Rivian R1T R1S Had to try my new NACS adapter at a Tesla Supercharger 4E8FA0C9-17FB-4934-81B4-FB15A0386B97
Rivian R1T R1S Had to try my new NACS adapter at a Tesla Supercharger B3BA75C8-9A04-4F83-BD62-B8B59A13D14F
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What would be the right grease to put on these to keep them from getting stuck? Assuming you put it on the outside of the Tesla plug

Sponsored

BenB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Rivian is suppose to be sending them out as per time of ownership. Where are they on the list because I checked with Rivian and they said a 3rd party was sending them out so they had no way f knowing how far they are up the list.I am also leaving on a long road trip end of June and would love to have the Tesla option. We also have a Tesla and know the reliably of their chargers compared to the commercial chargers. My R1T is number 1867.

KYR1SMan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Veterinarian
Rivian is suppose to be sending them out as per time of ownership. Where are they on the list because I checked with Rivian and they said a 3rd party was sending them out so they had no way f knowing how far they are up the list.I am also leaving on a long road trip end of June and would love to have the Tesla option. We also have a Tesla and know the reliably of their chargers compared to the commercial chargers. My R1T is number 1867.
I was about to post to see if anyone has received the new adapter.
I am really looking forward to using it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I put dry lube on mine since I’d heard about them being hard to fit and remove.

Sponsored

moondogg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Spend the $200 for the A2Z adapter. Sell one of them when you get the Rivian. We spent $90K or so on these vehicles. We can spend $200 for an adapter. Plus we'll get nearly all of the money back when we sell it

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

You know, I have several, and can't recall. Either Dupont Non-stick or WD-40 Dry (*NOT* regular WD-40) most likely. I've also used GN high-molybdenum grease with great results. It's got a super thin film and doesn't really leave things greasy.

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
Maybe dialectic grease? I know that is good for electrical connections. Honestly, I found that the connector loos end up with a few on/off rotations. I haven’t had an issue since the first day.
I second dialectic grease if you have to put some kind of lubricant at all. The other lubricants may cause an arc if you accidentally put too much on.

Because of the high voltages involved, I personally would scrap off a bit of the plastic from the adapter contact points with some sand paper instead of any lubricant.