First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
I have brought home 6 Ft long 2x4 studs in my R1T. Just popped one end up on the tailgate (on a towel) and tied them down. Likewise with other stuff that’s longer than bed length.
Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

Innovation from 2001! The Avalanche had the same midgate functionality.

I have a day-one reservation on the Chevy but totally missed the GMC release. I would happily take the GMC over Chevy!
Wow! I didn't realize the Avalanche had such "advanced" tech. Why doesn't every truck have this folding midgate feature?!

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T, R1S
Occupation
Physician
First of all, I love my Rivian, ok, I love the look of it, the technology, the ride, the power, everything...... but.

Today I received at my office the all weather floor mats, I love how were shipped in a nice branded box.

At 3 pm I went back home, today instead of using the R1T to go to work I used my Volvo v90 Cross Country (the one being replaced by the new Rivian)

I put the 2 back seats down, open the trunk and put the box inside of if (exhibit #1) close the trunk and went to visit some clients before going back home. I'm in south Florida, so the rain is something usual, 5 minutes rain then a killer sun then rain again, that's Florida.

When I get back home after visit all the clients, the parked on the side of the Rivian, side by side and I guess, does the box fit on the bed ? Can I do the same that I did with the Volvo with the Rivian, and the answer is NO (exhibit #2) the box do not fit on the bed with the back gate closed.

As a side note, in the Volvo I have room to spare, and put inside even a larger box (exhibit #3)

So guys, here is the question, how do you transport a box like that (which fit on any wagon or SUV on the market) without being exposed to the elements and being exposed to also the regular local thief. ?

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg
R1S

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Seems like there are a lot of first time truck buyers in this forum who might have been better off buying an R1S or Volvo EV etc.

I read all specs and measurements before I bought my R1T so I've yet to be surprised by any spatial issues.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
New GMC Sierra Denali EV has a folding midgate that provides a total of 9 feet for long stuff. Finally we are starting to see some innovation!

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 1.55.11 PM.png
Agreed this feature adds some functionality to a standard crew cab truck and bed but like every other decision automakers make it has consequences. For the R1T this particular feature would eliminate the gear tunnel, powered tonneau (for better or worse) and have huge impacts on cabin climate. Personally I feel Rivian's feature choices of the gear tunnel and gooseneck hinge on the tailgate are vastly better. For what it's worth my tonneua also works fine...knock on wood. I do wish they had GMC's multipro tailgate design.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
First of all, I love my Rivian, ok, I love the look of it, the technology, the ride, the power, everything...... but.

Today I received at my office the all weather floor mats, I love how were shipped in a nice branded box.

At 3 pm I went back home, today instead of using the R1T to go to work I used my Volvo v90 Cross Country (the one being replaced by the new Rivian)

I put the 2 back seats down, open the trunk and put the box inside of if (exhibit #1) close the trunk and went to visit some clients before going back home. I'm in south Florida, so the rain is something usual, 5 minutes rain then a killer sun then rain again, that's Florida.

When I get back home after visit all the clients, the parked on the side of the Rivian, side by side and I guess, does the box fit on the bed ? Can I do the same that I did with the Volvo with the Rivian, and the answer is NO (exhibit #2) the box do not fit on the bed with the back gate closed.

As a side note, in the Volvo I have room to spare, and put inside even a larger box (exhibit #3)

So guys, here is the question, how do you transport a box like that (which fit on any wagon or SUV on the market) without being exposed to the elements and being exposed to also the regular local thief. ?

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg
Send them back because the box is to big.
Sponsored