Sponsored

Guide gave me an official R1S delay

caliwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Jeep Wrangler, Volvo XC90
Thanks! That’s great news as there is no mention in the R1S owner’s manual of a button on the lift gate itself to close the upper lift gate.
RJ confirmed the exterior button this week on Instagram.
Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you. So from what you saw, no chance there is enough room for a child to get to the third row by just sliding the second row to the front, without folding the seat back forward 45 degrees?
Pulled this from Facebook... maybe it answers some questions.

Rivian R1T R1S Guide gave me an official R1S delay Screenshot_20220516-055511_Chrome

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
It does! Seems like that seat has a few inches left to go forward and that it would be possible for a child to slip behind. Great find, thank you!

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have a June/July delivery estimate for my R1S LE and the Rivian Chat person today told me today: "We will be sending an update via email in the coming weeks for everyone on delivery timing! Currently, you are still on track with June to July, though! "
So it sounds like a delay is coming....?

Sponsored

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
I have a June/July delivery estimate for my R1S LE and the Rivian Chat person today told me today: "We will be sending an update via email in the coming weeks for everyone on delivery timing! Currently, you are still on track with June to July, though! "
So it sounds like a delay is coming....?
I'm guessing the same...seeing that i'm in Mar/Apr for the R1S order and still get the "you are still on track for your delivery window." in the chat. It may be automated responses to hold the line at this point b/c it's clearly past Mar/Apr :)

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'm guessing the same...seeing that i'm in Mar/Apr for the R1S order and still get the "you are still on track for your delivery window." in the chat. It may be automated responses to hold the line at this point b/c it's clearly past Mar/Apr :)
Curius if you’ve pointed out that the linear nature of time means you can’t be on track for a date in the past - did they respond?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Curius if you’ve pointed out that the linear nature of time means you can’t be on track for a date in the past - did they respond?
You obviously haven't spent enough time with Tralfamadorians.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
No I didn't as my question was whether my delivery date was changed, and she states an email with an update on delivery timing would be coming but as of CURRENTLY (meaning today, probably not tomorrow) it remains the same. this is how I interpreted the response.

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Hit a botton on top of the seat back, seat back then folds forward to about 45 degrees and the whole seat slides forward on the track. This is what creates the access to the back seats.
I have a KIA Telluride and this sounds literally Identical to how my 2nd row seats slide. I have a lever on the side that allows to recline. There is a button on the top of the backrest that releases the seat and folds forward about 45 degrees and then the seat slides forward. My kids and even Adults do not have a problem getting back there. The seat will stay that way until you fold back and about halfway the bottom will latch, which then you can slide and adjust for legroom as well.

The only crapy thing of course is car seats... doesn't work so well. ALSO If you do have carseats and this is a bench like the R1S there is no way of getting to the back. WIth my Telluride I have captain 2nd row, so if I have car seats in the way, you can walk around through the middle. I have an R1S LE on order to replace this..

Sponsored

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX

Screenshot_20220516-055511_Chrome.jpg
Yuck that is tight :0/ My Telluride is technically smaller but has more room for the 2nd and 3rd row. I have driven 5 hrs with kids and adults in the back 2 rows no problem. This is bigger... but looks like they wanted more storage than legroom and comfortable space :0/ there is a frunk, who cares about the trunk! haha give me leg room!

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Just thought I’d share the Lightning that I put a deposit on during the reveal last May now has a build week of 6/3 and I was able to print a copy of my window sticker today. Delivery likely late June/early July.

The R1S that I put a deposit on in April ‘19 sadly doesn’t appear to be sticking to the May/June estimate from last Thanksgiving. No guide, no contact, no nothing.

My twins are so pissed at me because I’m legitimately getting more excited about the Lightning, while they are rightfully reminding me how much cooler the R1S is. To top it off these little negotiators also reminded me that one of the main reasons I picked a Polestar 2 over the Model 3 was the Model 3’s are so damn common, yet I’m excited about the F-150 that is arguably one of the most common vehicles on the road….

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Just thought I’d share the Lightning that I put a deposit on during the reveal last May now has a build week of 6/3 and I was able to print a copy of my window sticker today. Delivery likely late June/early July.

The R1S that I put a deposit on in April ‘19 sadly doesn’t appear to be sticking to the May/June estimate from last Thanksgiving. No guide, no contact, no nothing.

My twins are so pissed at me because I’m legitimately getting more excited about the Lightning, while they are rightfully reminding me how much cooler the R1S is. To top it off these little negotiators also reminded me that one of the main reasons I picked a Polestar 2 over the Model 3 was the Model 3’s are so damn common, yet I’m excited about the F-150 that is arguably one of the most common vehicles on the road….

You're excited and understandably so, new tech, new toy. The Lightning will be cool. Nice thing is just get it, drive it, sell it when the R1S comes. You'll make your money back or more.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

I'm in a similar situation on my Lightning order. I bought the hybrid F-150 about 8 months ago and if the Lightning is as comfortable and functional I'll be very very pleased. I am more excited for the Lightning than R1S but for me the Lighting serves a different purpose. For example, I originally ordered a R1T but once it became clear the Rivian R1T front end can't handel a snowplow I changed my order to the R1S as it will serve a different purpose than the truck.

My Rivian order was March 2019 and while I have no intention of canceling now, I am willing to bet my Lightning and my Grenadier will be built before my R1S (and Grenadier isn't taking full orders yet).
Sponsored

Last edited: