Sponsored

Guide gave me an official R1S delay

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Here's a title that's hopefully even more clear than the change you just made: My guide says updated R1S windows are coming
Well....if that what the guide says, then it's the truth...whole truth and nothing else
Sponsored

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
OP thanks for the update. Man... Some people are really sensitive to your precise wording in the title.

Seems pretty clear to me... The first R1S customer deliveries are delayed... Again. I'm not so sure why that's controversial, hard to believe, or worth criticizing the OP.

Unless anybody can give examples of March/April delivery window buyers who are on track to take delivery within the next 24 hours... Then nothing the OP said was inaccurate.

Last edited:

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Well....if that what the guide says, then it's the truth...whole truth and nothing else
I think the fact that there are only 24 hours left in the delivery window and no way to complete the buying process that quick does make it the truth.

I'm hoping other March/April delivery window buyers can come in and confirm they are not delayed and will get their vehicles tomorrow... But that doesn't seem to be happening... Does it?

Clearly Rivian missed their delivery windows. What more evidence do you feel is needed before your accept the OP's statements as accurate? Will you believe it on May first?

Last edited:

StefanB

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales and BD
Talked with my guide today and was told R1S production is planned to ramp in June and July. Also that the R1S manual is coming out shortly. BTW, I have an April / May delivery, signed PBA so I figured they are prioritizing employee vehicles again first and we will see customer vehicles in the next few months.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I think the fact that there are only 24 hours left in the delivery window and no way to complete the buying process that quick does make it the truth.

I'm hoping other March/April delivery window buyers can come in and confirm they are not delayed and will get their vehicles tomorrow... But that doesn't seem to be happening... Does it?

Clearly Rivian missed their delivery windows. What more evidence do you feel is needed before your accept the OP's statements as accurate? Will you believe it on May first?
So you're telling me there's a chance....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just hung up with my guide and got a consistent message. First non-employee R1S deliveries in late May. Ramp begins in June.
Better communication. Thanks for the update

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Better communication. Thanks for the update

If I would have known In December I'd have a vehicle maybe in July I would have bought a backup vehicle. Was planning a lot of summer trips and now need to change plans and by the time I'm assuming we will get our vehicles will just be a little too late most likely on my end.

Sigh.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If I would have known In December I'd have a vehicle maybe in July I would have bought a backup vehicle. Was planning a lot of summer trips and now need to change plans and by the time I'm assuming we will get our vehicles will just be a little too late most likely on my end.

Sigh.
Should probably add additional time to their projections....Sigh indeed

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I find it odd anyone is evening mentioning employee deliveries are occurring. With the R1T deliveries we saw photos of them on semi trailers, staged at service centers, and even a few driving on the road. There has been none of that with the R1S. I doubt any even get into employee hands for another couple weeks at best.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I find it odd anyone is evening mentioning employee deliveries are occurring. With the R1T deliveries we saw photos of them on semi trailers, staged at service centers, and even a few driving on the road. There has been none of that with the R1S. I doubt any even get into employee hands for another couple weeks at best.
This has been the biggest tell. We haven't seen anything indicating they're close to ready to ship. Nothing at all. So this is disappointing but expected.

I hope that we won't have to rehash the endless "maybe deliveries are occurring, not everyone's a forum member" debate from last fall. Seems pretty clear that the effective number of non-employee R1T deliveries before this March rounded to zero given that we went from zero longtime member deliveries (iwantatesla doesn't count as longtime) to a huge number over the course of a week or two.

I'd expect the same "nothing, then all at once" pattern to hold for the R1S too.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I do not think there are as many R1S employee reservations. When I was at Aqua Dolce a team member I talked to said he was going to order an R1S but the employee deal was only on the R1T so he went with that. Assuming that was the policy the entire time I would assume the majority of employee reservations were trucks.
Sponsored