Sponsored

Guide gave me an official R1S delay

Jootunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S90, E63, GM6, GT4, Samurai
I have (had) a March/April delivery for my black interior R1S. It being April 29th and not starting my 8-step program indicates not getting my delivery in the next 36 hours.

To make it official, my guide reached out and said R1S people will get a "newly updated delivery estimate" soon. Really not sure how to interpret that as I was also told at the same time that only Ocean Coast interior has a delay. If that's the case why do I need a new delivery window?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade
Any delay of greater than 3 months, I will probably wait for some of the traditional manufacturers vehicles like Hyundai etc etc... just for kinda comparison since we don't have any at the moment

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Hm, this title is a bit misleading.

Just a single instance of an order possibly being delayed. A day? A week? A year? Nobody knows.

A lot of R1S people have already been through the 8 step process and have had a guide for a while.

EDIT: I'll amend by saying people have begun the 8 step process. None (as far I know) have completed at least on this forum, which is a small submit of actual people who are expecting the car. Most people who I know who have orders don't really use forums like us.

Last edited:

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade

Just a single instance of an order possibly being delayed. A day? A week? A year? Nobody knows.

A lot of R1S people have already been through the 8 step process and have had a guide for a while.
Nice, I wasn't aware that people had 8 step process started or completed. Good to know... anyone from this forum?

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S

What? Who has been through the 8 step process with an R1S? This would be incredible news.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
R1S pre-orders have been through the 8-step? I know a bunch of R1S holders have signed the PBA. But I don't recall any posts from R1S holders having actually gone through the 8-step process. Not sure how I missed that.

Unless someone has a confirmed delivery date.... the lack of any R1S seen at delivery centers....lack of any manual posted. Even at the factory there doesn't appear to be any in the lot waiting for transport. I am sure there is a delay coming for the R1S. How long is hard to say. But it's delayed at least for the early delivery windows (there were some March/April R1S folks).

OP
OP

Jootunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S90, E63, GM6, GT4, Samurai

I am not aware of anyone doing the 8-step process on the R1S, would love to hear from someone as it'll give me a glimmer of hope.

ejf128

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, GV70
This is consistent with the message I got from my guide earlier this week. He stated a R1S message would be coming out to reset expectations on deliveries.

Also, I have not heard of anyone going through the 8-step for an R1S yet either.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Photos of delivered R1Ss or it hasn't happened.
Dirty_B

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
I have an unhealthy obsession of scouring for any information on the R1S, and agree I haven't heard of anyone into the 8 step process. In another thread there was a link viewing source code on your account page for status updates. No one with an R1S has a vehicle id yet. I would be happy to be wrong, but a delay seems likely. The question is how long?

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
They're about to pull an OC on you R1S folks. I'm very sorry.

Disclaimer: this is pure speculation

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
I don't understand the delay, they totally sold their first 2 R1S's in 2021 and shared the huge news with investors. They wouldn't possibly sell a prototype version dressed up as the final version to company employees and not real customers just to influence the stock price would they?:lipssealed:

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
They're about to pull an OC on you R1S folks. I'm very sorry.

Disclaimer: this is pure speculation
Speculation yes. But I am 100% expecting this. Hopefully their promise of connecting all 2022 window folks to discuss options to speed up delivery. I have an Adventure R1T and LE R1S. If R1S is delayed until fall+. Would love to discuss swapping the pre-orders to get the R1T as an LE and let the R1S be an Adventure. Since I am in Canada....I am expecting both my pre-orders to push out...hopefully at least one of them still ends up a 2022 delivery. Though I don't have much confidence at this point.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Photos of delivered R1Ss or it hasn't happened.
Dirty_B
Please note I did not say any were delivered.

I'll amend and say that people have begun their 8 step process. Not completed. Sorry.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Please note I did not say any were delivered.

I'll amend and say that people have begun their 8 step process. Not completed. Sorry.
I appreciate that ... but I haven't heard that anyone has started the 8-Step process for an R1S. Am I wrong on that point? Note: The PBA is NOT one of the 8 steps per R1T posters.

Meanwhile, I'm choosing to stay positive.
Sponsored